Discussion Board

How to publish 100 Applications

How can we publish 100 Applications without spending 100 days? Should we supply an XML like we do to other stores? or there is another way. we spend a lot of time uploading each app. please advice

Super Contributor

Re: How to publish 100 Applications

Unless things have changed recently, Ovi Store does not have any kind of a "batch" method of submitting applications. Until it does, doing it one by one is the only way.

Does Nokia aware of these problems? Our company produce 10-30 applications a month

OMG spam applications
    i realy wouldnt like that to happen to ovi , i remember when iphone app store had cleaned out like thousand of those kind of apps some of them were just packages of webpages or rss updates on an issue.
    those kind of spam apps just ruin the feeling of the store

Quote Originally Posted by shaii View Post
    OMG spam applications
    i realy wouldnt like that to happen to ovi , i remember when iphone app store had cleaned out like thousand of those kind of apps some of them were just packages of webpages or rss updates on an issue.
    those kind of spam apps just ruin the feeling of the store
    You are the judge and the executer? In that case you need some facts: we have 50 content experts that works on daily basis... now who are you to judge?

Super Contributor

Wink Re: How to publish 100 Applications

Quote Originally Posted by samyaniv@gmail.com View Post
    How can we publish 100 Applications without spending 100 days? Should we supply an XML like we do to other stores? or there is another way. we spend a lot of time uploading each app. please advice
    The reason there is not any batch loader is that even if you have a Premium Content ($1Million insurance) account allow the uploading of media EACH AND EVERY peice of content has to be check if this acceptable and meets the guideline and policy.

If these are 100 applications EACH AND EVERY one will need checking across a range of phones and countries. This means that even if one per day is checked you would not get the last one past QA by at earliest 4 months (100+ day)

Do you handle rejections well. What if you had a high rejection rate! for certain countries and some mobiles. When you signed up as a developer you ticked the box agreeing to the T&C on content and QA was final.

Try 5 of your best selling content first, see if you get any rejections

Of possible Spam no chance! The discussion boars and Wiki are checked for SPAM on 24 hours basis

Please conform to the Policy on no arguments or emotive opinion on Discussion threads or the thread will be closed

Thank you
    Jim Gilmour
    Forum Nokia Wiki Adminstrator

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by samyaniv@gmail.com View Post
    Does Nokia aware of these problems? Our company produce 10-30 applications a month
    I'm pretty certain that Nokia is aware of this particular limitation. For now, you probably need to dedicate a person (or at last 30-50% of someone's time) for this task, if you plan on releasing new apps at that rate.

Quote Originally Posted by jimgilmour1 View Post
    The reason there is not any batch loader is that even if you have a Premium Content ($1Million insurance) account allow the uploading of media EACH AND EVERY peice of content has to be check if this acceptable and meets the guideline and policy.

If these are 100 applications EACH AND EVERY one will need checking across a range of phones and countries. This means that even if one per day is checked you would not get the last one past QA by at earliest 4 months (100+ day)

Do you handle rejections well. What if you had a high rejection rate! for certain countries and some mobiles. When you signed up as a developer you ticked the box agreeing to the T&C on content and QA was final.

Try 5 of your best selling content first, see if you get any rejections

Of possible Spam no chance! The discussion boars and Wiki are checked for SPAM on 24 hours basis

Please conform to the Policy on no arguments or emotive opinion on Discussion threads or the thread will be closed

Thank you
    Jim Gilmour
    Forum Nokia Wiki Adminstrator

Thanks Mr. Gilmour,

First and foremost please accept my apology.

The reson i asked is that we have similar app for one country. Example: "Out lets" in each city, in the same language, same devices etc. basically the same app, with different data. These apps are selling very well in the local provider's app stores in my country. Clone would help upload the apps for QA.

regards,
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    I'm pretty certain that Nokia is aware of this particular limitation. For now, you probably need to dedicate a person (or at last 30-50% of someone's time) for this task, if you plan on releasing new apps at that rate.
    Dear Petrib,
    Unfortunate that’s exactly what we are doing. I am looking for cheaper way

Many thanks,

Super Contributor

Hi,

@Sam
    It looks somehow strange to me that your company creates 10-30 app/months?
    May I know what kinds of applications are those?
    Ovi has a QA process that Ovi will follow in any case.
    But of course Ovi will help developers to publish their application and at the same time want to follow it's process to keep best user experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mahbub_s60 View Post
    Hi,

@Sam
    It looks somehow strange to me that your company creates 10-30 app/months?
    May I know what kinds of applications are those?
    Ovi has a QA process that Ovi will follow in any case.
    But of course Ovi will help developers to publish their application and at the same time want to follow it's process to keep best user experience.
    Yes I know that it look strange. I can tell you only this: we have uploaded 6-7 applications in the last month which proved by your QA and already on air. That was the test. Please note that each app in going through our QA before upload to any store.
    The reason we do not upload the others 92 which by the way, sold very nice in the local providers app stores (we have agreements with all of them) is because it take us a lot of time to upload each one of them. I can't tell you all, but please note that giant companies after our development. Our solution can beat iphone easily
    So, if Ovi wants hundreds app a year we need tool to upload them. Other stores (we work only with the biggest app stores in the world) already offer us to upload via xml and there are other solutions.

Thanks for your interest,
    Regards,
    Sam

Regular Contributor

Please can you write here your company's web site or link to your apps in OVI store? (as you said there's some test apps). Many of us are so curious to learn more about your company now. I have to say you did good marketing here
    Best regards,
    Dusan

Quote Originally Posted by powerpixels View Post
    Please can you write here your company's web site or link to your apps in OVI store? (as you said there's some test apps). Many of us are so curious to learn more about your company now. I have to say you did good marketing here
    Although this app was build by our 1st generation (old system), as to now this is the only one in English we have upload to Ovi : http://store.ovi.com/search?q=young+amsterdam

All the others in Ovi are not in English.

Please note that we have no intention to make any marketing here. Our target markets are different

Thanks,
    Sam
    Last edited by samyaniv@gmail.com; 2010-04-20 at 21:16.

Regular Contributor

If your target is defined, may I suggest you directly send the sis to them after signing? Why do you want to upload all those apps to ovistore at all?