Discussion Board

Unhappy Problem in using qt and symbian together

The article "Using Qt and Symbian C++ Together" shows how to program with qt and symbian c++. It takes bluetooth discovery as example. I downloaded the source code zip file. I open the .pro file with carbide.c++ and compiled, but I encountered such a problem.

Errors caused tool to abort.
    make[1]: *** [\Apps\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1_2\EPOC32\RELEASE\WINSCW\UDEB\testbluetoothdiscovery.exe] Error 1
    make: *** [TARGETTESTBLUETOOTHDISCOVERY_0XEA633555] Error 2

The SDK I choosed is S60 V3 FP1.
    The article can be reached at http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...2B%2B_Together

Anyone can tell me what's the problem?

Re: Problem in using qt and symbian together

Hi hinyunsin,
    I tried same example on 3Ed FP2 it compiled fine and application getting launched on emulator.Just check whether you are able to compile any other Qt project on that SDK or not.

thnaks,
    kalinga

Quote Originally Posted by kalinga_ray View Post
    Hi hinyunsin,
    I tried same example on 3Ed FP2 it compiled fine and application getting launched on emulator.Just check whether you are able to compile any other Qt project on that SDK or not.

thnaks,
    kalinga
    Thank u,kalinga. I tried it with FP2 again, but the same problem occured again. I am thinking maybe after I installed the qt-mobility and qt-extension project, something wrong happens in the configuration.
    But whatever, I can compile qt and symbian project correctly. What's more,I made a simple project mixed qt and symbian and it works fine. So I still wish to know where is the problem.

Super Contributor

If you look back in the log, aren't there more detailed error messages?

Quote Originally Posted by kalinga_ray View Post
    Hi hinyunsin,

thnaks,
    kalinga
    Hi, I reinstall these tools, now I can compile it on 3rd FP2, but still get the same wrong on FP1. Also, I can not run it on FP2 Emulator and got the following wrong messages.

WARNING: Frozen .def file \Project\Carbide\workspace\qtbluetoothdiscoveryexample\bluetoothlibrary\bwins\bluetoothlibraryu.def not found - project not frozen
    make[1]: *** [\Apps\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Project\Carbide\workspace\qtbluetoothdiscoveryexample\BLUETOOTHLIBRARY_0XEA736356\WINSCW\udeb\qbluetoothaddressdata.o] Error 2

D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\src\corelib\tools\qstring.h:739: D:\Project\Carbide\workspace\qtbluetoothdiscoveryexample\bluetoothlibrary\QBluetoothRemoteDeviceDialog.h:13

make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\src\corelib\tools\qstring.h:632: illegal 'friend' declaration
    D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\src\corelib\tools\qstring.h:739: D:\Project\Carbide\workspace\qtbluetoothdiscoveryexample\bluetoothlibrary\qbluetoothremotedevicedialog.cpp:10)
    D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\src\corelib\tools\qstring.h:632: (included from:
    D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\src\corelib\tools\qstring.h:632: D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\include\QtCore\qstring.h:1
    D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\src\corelib\tools\qstring.h:632: D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\src\corelib\kernel\qobject.h:48
    D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\src\corelib\tools\qstring.h:632: D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\include\QtCore\qobject.h:1
    D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\src\corelib\tools\qstring.h:632: D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\include\QtCore\QObject:1
    D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\src\corelib\tools\qstring.h:632: D:\Project\Carbide\workspace\qtbluetoothdiscoveryexample\bluetoothlibrary\bluetoothdiscovery.h:13
    D:\Apps\Qt\4.6.2\src\corelib\tools\qstring.h:632: D:\Project\Carbide\workspace\qtbluetoothdiscoveryexample\bluetoothlibrary\bluetoothdiscovery.cpp:10)

make[1]: *** [\Apps\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Project\Carbide\workspace\qtbluetoothdiscoveryexample\BLUETOOTHLIBRARY_0XEA736356\WINSCW\udeb\qbluetoothremotedevicedialog.o] Error 2
    make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Can you run it?

Quote Originally Posted by hinyunsin View Post
    Hi, I reinstall these tools, now I can compile it on 3rd FP2, but still get the same wrong on FP1. Also, I can not run it on FP2 Emulator and got the following wrong messages.
    [COLOR="Red"]
    WARNING: Frozen .def file \Project\Carbide\workspace\qtbluetoothdiscoveryexample\bluetoothlibrary\bwins\bluetoothlibraryu.def not found - project not frozen
    I had the same problem, but moving the directory qtbluetoothdiscoveryexample\bwins\ to under directory qtbluetoothdiscoveryexample\BluetoothLibrary\ fixed it. (I had set up my working environment as specified in article http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...Qt_Quick_Start.)

Perhaps someone with more time on his hands, and a developer.org.symbian username, could fix the file http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...ryexample.zip?

Super Contributor

May be that example need some settings that you are missing. So if "using qt and symbian together" is the your final goal then you can simply call symbian API in your Qt application.

Regular Contributor

Hi,

As leisti noted, the problem with the example is that \bwins\bluetoothlibraryu.def and \eabi\bluetoothlibraryu.def are located in the wrong directory - they should be under \BluetoothLibrary. If the build tools do not find the .def file, nothing is exported from the library and import libraries are not generated. This is what the "not frozen" error means.

Sometimes you'll see the .def files missing altogether from a project, especially if you're porting a Qt library to Symbian platform. In that case, you can freeze the project and generate .def files with:

Code:
    abld freeze [winscw|gcce]
    After the .def file has been generated, you'll have to call 'make release-<target>' once more to build the import libraries.