Discussion Board

Nokia Audio Suite problem

Hi All,

Has anybody else had any success running this new Nokia Audio Suite tool? If so, what progs/versions are you using? We have tried it in several VST host applications but can not get any sound and it crashes upon launching the GUI ! Quite frustrating as it seemed to be just the tool we were looking for - Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Paul

Super Contributor
    Hi,

As it says in the documentation, it is tested only with Cubase SX 1.0.5. You can of course try it with any sequencer, but there's no guarantee that it will work. And also note that this is a beta version of the software. Feedback is of course welcome. With what sequencers you have tried to use it?

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Hello,

Still having no luck here. We have tried the tool in several machines with various hardware/software set-ups - Including the recommended cubase! But we are still suffering the same severe 'unknown exception' crash upon launching the editor GUI. There is also no sound if we attempt to utilise the auralisation tool.

It's driving us a bit mad here! Any ideas people?

Would anybody that is successfully using the program be kind enough to supply your set-up details - It may help us deduce where the problem lies.

We realise this is a beta version and all that implies - When is the next build due?

Thanks.

Paul

same crash with Cubase SL

I tried to use the VST Audio Suite with Cubase SL and had the same problem as the previous poster. I heard no sound and Cubase had an ugly crash when I tried to open the GUI Editor. I got an "Unknown Exception" error and had to kill it with the Task Manager.

I am using a recent version of Cubase SL, 1.0.5.61.

I am also using a fresh install of Win XP on a fast new P4 system. I have applied the latest Microsoft software updates.

Other VST instruments work fine.

I really think Cubase SL should be supported as well as the more expensive Cubase SX.

Thanks,
    Phil Burk

same crashes in cubase SX 1.05

Greetings all.

I'd just installed the nokia audio suite and have experienced the same frustrations as noted above. The other VSTs work fine. Any help would be much appreciated.

no luck with me either.
    logic would recognize it as a stereo vst instrument, but it wouldnt produce any output sound. so no crash, just no sound at all. the auralisation plug (some filter) works fine.

midi data goes through the sp plugin, i can see that. and it's supposed to process it, but it doesnt.

any ideas on what's in the DLL file? it's 2 megs. seems compressed.. and sounds like compressed sound?

Same again with Cubase SX 1.05

Looks like were gonna have to wait for the next version to come out, because I'm having exactly the same problem as you all, unpleasent crashiness.
    I'm dying to see how good this VST is, could make life a little easier!

Audio suite

Problems are the same as above.

When is the next beta version of Audio Suite ?
    Who , what developer, has HAD success building audio content from MIDI for ringtones?

I am also having problems

Yes I can not get it to run with exact same problems on Win XP, Cubase SX 1.06, 2.5Gig P IV with 1 gig Ram!

Sheesh!

- H