Discussion Board

Why is an action's icon not visible in the toolbar?

I am using the Qt designer-like bit of Carbide to create a .ui file. This file has a QToolBar at the bottom and I am adding actions to this toolbar. In the emulator the toolbar is visible and it also expands and contracts properly. There is a button for each action and the action text is visible.

However, when I add an icon (a .png one) to an action, the button becomes bigger, but the icon itself is completely invisible, and the text is also gone. Why is this?

And why aren't svg files supported? We had to do create svg files because of Scalable UI, and now that is irrelevant?

I also do not understand why I cannot add a widget in the designer to the toolbar. Widgets can be added programmatically, but that is beside the point, if windows are supposed to be created with Qt Designer or it's eclipse/carbide equivalent.
    Sander van der Wal
    www.mBrainSoftware.com

Super Contributor

Re: Why is an action's icon not visible in the toolbar?

Quote Originally Posted by svdwal View Post
    I am using the Qt designer-like bit of Carbide to create a .ui file. This file has a QToolBar at the bottom and I am adding actions to this toolbar. In the emulator the toolbar is visible and it also expands and contracts properly. There is a button for each action and the action text is visible.

However, when I add an icon (a .png one) to an action, the button becomes bigger, but the icon itself is completely invisible, and the text is also gone. Why is this?

And why aren't svg files supported? We had to do create svg files because of Scalable UI, and now that is irrelevant?

I also do not understand why I cannot add a widget in the designer to the toolbar. Widgets can be added programmatically, but that is beside the point, if windows are supposed to be created with Qt Designer or it's eclipse/carbide equivalent.

hi friend ,,
    I think you are using carbide C++ for making Qt program of .UI file ...

Do the same thing in Qt SDK....

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...Qt_application.

Best regards,