Discussion Board

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Nokia Developer Moderator

Welcome to Ovi app wizard discussion board

Welcome to Ovi app wizard discussion board!

This discussion board has been created for You to share Your experiences with Ovi app wizard
    We will be here to answer questions and to listen to your experiences.

When you have your app (created with app wizard) available at Ovi Store, please post the URL to your app in Ovi Store to this discussion board.

thanks!
    Ung-Ping

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Welcome to Ovi app wizard discussion board

Hello,

Do I need to be a "registered company" to publish web content through the Ovi app wizard? In other words, is it possible to publish as an individual?

Cheers
    Luis

Quote Originally Posted by lpvalente View Post
    Hello,

Do I need to be a "registered company" to publish web content through the Ovi app wizard? In other words, is it possible to publish as an individual?

Cheers
    Luis
    no, you dont have to be a 'registered company' to publish web content through the ovi app wizard. any individuals can use app wizard to mobilize your RSS/ATOM based content.

Hi,

I've been playing around with Ovi app wizard and found some issues. It seems that the logo image doesn't fit the proper place in the preview. Although I've uploaded an 240x60px PNG image, the preview shows that this image doesn't fit the full space for the logo. Is that right?

Also, It seems that the upload doesn't check for image formats. I dont know if this is really an issue but I was able to upload jpeg image.

For now that's all.

Best regards,
    Olympio

Hi,

As a WRT application, my application will be available for non-touch devices (such as N85), is it correct?

Therefore, I think that would be good to make available another "skin" for non-touch devices. Currently, you just can preview the application in a N97 device.

Thanks
    []s

Hi,

Another question:
    How can I delete one application?

I started to develop one application, but after finish it I realized that I used the wrong e-mail to login in the wizard. I should use my publisher e-mail .

Resuming, now I'm using my publisher e-mail, and I want to delete the "under developement" application that it is stored in my other e-mail account.

[]s

Hi (again),

Even when creating the "app wizard account" informing that I already have a publisher account, in the last step of the app wizard it asks for the publisher description and logo. I think it should retrieve this information from my publisher account, isnt?

thanks
    []s

Quote Originally Posted by olympio View Post
    Hi,

I've been playing around with Ovi app wizard and found some issues. It seems that the logo image doesn't fit the proper place in the preview. Although I've uploaded an 240x60px PNG image, the preview shows that this image doesn't fit the full space for the logo. Is that right?

Also, It seems that the upload doesn't check for image formats. I dont know if this is really an issue but I was able to upload jpeg image.

For now that's all.

Best regards,
    Olympio
    Thanks Oympio. The application logo wont cover the full space of the top horrizontal space. you can see the example done by Dale, Alessandro which are available at Ovi Store

- http://store.ovi.com/publisher/Biskero+LLC/
    - http://store.ovi.com/publisher/moket

i will find out about the checking for the image formats. Have you submitted your app to Ovi Store?

cheers!
    Ung-Ping

Quote Originally Posted by xharada View Post
    Hi,

Another question:
    How can I delete one application?

[]s
    you are right, i dont see no option to delete the app using app wizard. I am checking with the product. will be back soon.

Hi (again),

Even when creating the "app wizard account" informing that I already have a publisher account, in the last step of the app wizard it asks for the publisher description and logo. I think it should retrieve this information from my publisher account, isnt?

thanks
    []s
    yes, that should be the way but we havent get there yet. will feed this back to the product team.

Hi,

As a WRT application, my application will be available for non-touch devices (such as N85), is it correct?

Therefore, I think that would be good to make available another "skin" for non-touch devices. Currently, you just can preview the application in a N97 device.

Thanks
    []s
    the current release of app wizard create two type of apps format.

- WRT for s60 5th edition touch device
    - java apps for non touch device (e.g. series 40, s60 3.x devices..etc)

however, this is transparent to the publishers. you dont have to worry about the app format. The goal here is to make the app available to nearly all the Ovi store supported handsets.

the look/feel of the apps for the non touch device is similar to the one you see on a N97 device. But i agree that we should have a preview for non touch version. i will feed this back to the product team.

thanks for the feedback.

hi,

I am a Symbian developer and not a web dev, still i dared to publish my Symbian blog(RSS) thru the OVI App Wizard,my experience with it was quite smooth and i loved the UI part of it, it was so easy and nice to use, on the right side it provided the preview thats the best part i guess. Only one issue i found and that is the image resizing , the wizard must provide some way to resize images on the fly, not sure about the formats.

Overall it is nice, and really in 5 minutes i could build my contents and sent them for publishing, now waiting for the result , I will post more there after.

Thanks for the apportunity, and certainly its userfriendly.

-Vishal

I am totally impressed with this initiative from FN.
    Gives us a great opportunity to easily reach the millions of devices out there.
    Twitter - manikantan_k
    Just in --

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by uptian View Post
    Thanks Oympio. The application logo wont cover the full space of the top horrizontal space. you can see the example done by Dale, Alessandro which are available at Ovi Store

- http://store.ovi.com/publisher/Biskero+LLC/
    - http://store.ovi.com/publisher/moket

i will find out about the checking for the image formats. Have you submitted your app to Ovi Store?

cheers!
    Ung-Ping
    yah, i get the same problem where my application logo doesn't cover full space. But now i have submitted my apps and waiting for approval. However, it is still not too bad for me, i simply redesign the logo, reupload it until i feel good enough about it

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by uptian View Post
    you are right, i dont see no option to delete the app using app wizard. I am checking with the product. will be back soon.
    can we update the app created using app wizard in future once it is made available to ovi store? How to do that? Don't see any help listed.