Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

improve the OVI AppWizard

Ciao,

just wanted to share some ideas to improve the OVI AppWizard:

- I would like to see more options, for example AdMob. I have a lot of experience with Ad providers and AdMob has the largest reach and ad portfolio. Also a better fill rate that anyone I tried.
    One of the reason is that some Ad providers requires you to share your traffic numbers, which means that for low traffic content providers mobile ad is not an initial option as they will be rejected to join the ad publisher provider.
    - It would be great to have the option to download the content (maybe once the QA process is done)
    - Once the content is in the OVI Publisher account it would be great to have a the promotional banners done and ready to use them for marketing purpose
    - Have the OVI button within the app, link to OVI Store publisher page

Alessandro

Re: improve the OVI AppWizard

Thanks to Alessandro for starting this thread.
    I currently have 3 apps created using App Wizard on the Ovi store. The overall aggregate of downloads from these have been above average

* I have registered for both Millenial media and M-pressions for advertise services in my application. But neither of them have turned. It would be nice Nokia gives us some support in getting some advertising schemes from these partners.
    * Content Rights have also been a critical issue. 4 of my apps have gone down due to this. Appwizard says the content published in these feeds need to be owned by the created. Which limits our domains. If I wanted to create an application for World Cup Football ( which when I published got rejected in QA), fails citing ownership reasons over the content. Fact is, App developers shall never / cant maintain(or own) news and feeds over these contents. App developers would predominantly author contents based on their development strategies or tech-blogs. I wish Ovi QA accepts feed content from providers like MSN or Yahoo (provided content is in Free usage licenses).

Thanks
    Manikantan
    Twitter - manikantan_k
    Just in --

Quote Originally Posted by manikantan View Post
    I currently have 3 apps created using App Wizard on the Ovi store. The overall aggregate of downloads from these have been above average

* I have registered for both Millenial media and M-pressions for advertise services in my application. But neither of them have turned. It would be nice Nokia gives us some support in getting some advertising schemes from these partners.
    * Content Rights have also been a critical issue. 4 of my apps have gone down due to this. Appwizard says the content published in these feeds need to be owned by the created. Which limits our domains. If I wanted to create an application for World Cup Football ( which when I published got rejected in QA), fails citing ownership reasons over the content. Fact is, App developers shall never / cant maintain(or own) news and feeds over these contents. App developers would predominantly author contents based on their development strategies or tech-blogs. I wish Ovi QA accepts feed content from providers like MSN or Yahoo (provided content is in Free usage licenses).

Thanks
    Manikantan
    Get a written approval then! If you want to such a feed that would certainly gain much downloads, do some work on ye part and get approval

As John said , the RSS feeds are really not something which Nokia has control over. You really should consider getting permission for that first. Hope it works out for you !

Quote Originally Posted by manikantan View Post

Thanks
    Manikantan

Super Contributor

Hi there, all

Good conversation and good, valid feedback. Thank you. I am sure this has been noted.

Indeed there are some certain restrictions and liability issues that have lead to the implementation of the final validation system.

Still, I am sure we are looking forward for options regarding.

Best,
    Marko
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]

Perhaps this can be of use : http://ovimarketing-gameplanner.com/contact/

Contact Ovi- Heads Immediately haha

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi Alessandro,

- It would be great to have the option to download the content (maybe once the QA process is done)
    You should be able to download your application prior to it being published on the Ovi Store by clicking on the "Install" option of your newly created app in the Ovi Wizard dashboard.

- Once the content is in the OVI Publisher account it would be great to have a the promotional banners done and ready to use them for marketing purpose.
    You may create and design your personalized marketing banners for free by using Ovi Marketing Tool at http://promotions.ovi.com/omt. The banners you create describe your application and link directly to it from any website. For further details, please see the following link
    http://oviappwizard.com/mip/raw/stat...our_app_en.pdf

I'll pass along your suggestions to the Nokia Development team for consideration.

Andrew