Discussion Board

Java2Me client working with dot net asmx service

I need to create mobile application, which works with asmx service without using JSR-172. Asmx services is written on C#. Can someone help me how can I do it? Where Can I read some information on this issue? I don't want to use JSR-172 because old mobile phones does not support JSR-172(((. The main problem is How Can I make my mobile application working with asmx service? Where can I read some information about it? I know that there is three tiers architectures midlet - servlet - web service. How Can I create servlet which will work with dot net web services. I write mobile application working with dot net web service using JSR - 172. Everything works just fine. Now I want to create the same application but without using JSR-172. Thanks a lot.

Super Contributor

Re: Java2Me client working with dot net asmx service

Well not sure about what do you mean by ASMX service?

1.How Can I create servlet which will work with dot net web services.

2.I write mobile application working with dot net web service using JSR - 172. Everything works just fine.

3.Now I want to create the same application but without using JSR-172. Thanks a lot.
    Well you can communicate with the server using the Http, socket connections etc.It is hardly matter for the client that what technology the server is running with.You just read the client request and process the same and respond with the asked values.That's it.

Well what do you mean by the dot net web services?
    1.You can write the servlet code in order to process the client request,how??? this you have to search on the web.

2.Will work fine....

3.I guess that's not possible.If JSR is supported by the device hardly you can play around it.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

The problem is I have asmx web service written on C# and I have mobile application. I want my mobile application working with my asmx web service without using JSR-172. How can I do it? Thanks...
    Last edited by kioskpay; 2010-04-23 at 10:15.

Super Contributor

Were you trying to write something?
    I don't understand what you have written.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

The problem is I have asmx web service written on C# and I have mobile application. I want my mobile application working with my asmx web service without using JSR-172. How can I do it? Thanks...

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kioskpay View Post
    Hey I wonder if this can be done.You cannot use the functionality of any JSR without implementing and until and unless device supports this.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

it can be done trust me))). There is article on this issue. http://blogs.sun.com/lukas/entry/java_me_to_java_ee. In this article author used web service written on Java, and I have to use web service written on C#. That is my main problem. Can someone help me?