Discussion Board

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic native SIP client: TRUE or NOT?

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure SIP accounts and make SIP calls from this phone? I mean with the native SIP client just like those embedded in E series phones. I've found (on the 5530) the SIP profile configuration menu. I configured the 5530 in the same way like an E51 but the 5530 won't register to the SIP server. Also, there's not an option to call via SIP protocol (or does this option will be available only once the phone will be successfully registered to the SIP server?). Please, I need help, because I didn't find good documentation on SIP support on Nokia 5530 (S60 v5 phone) neither on the user guide, nor on internet.

Thanks in advance, Gabriele.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia 5530 XpressMusic native SIP client: TRUE or NOT?

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielebellini View Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to configure SIP accounts and make SIP calls from this phone? I mean with the native SIP client just like those embedded in E series phones. I've found (on the 5530) the SIP profile configuration menu. I configured the 5530 in the same way like an E51 but the 5530 won't register to the SIP server. Also, there's not an option to call via SIP protocol (or does this option will be available only once the phone will be successfully registered to the SIP server?). Please, I need help, because I didn't find good documentation on SIP support on Nokia 5530 (S60 v5 phone) neither on the user guide, nor on internet.

Thanks in advance, Gabriele.
    Welcome to the Forum!!

This discussion board caters to issues faced by developers. For end users issues and peer support please post your query in http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Good Luck!!