Forum Nokia Online Flash Lite Packager:
It's not working well so far
These are great news!
Spanish Mobile & Devices Adobe User Group Manager
there are two things that I do not understand:
1. Application path - what should this be? applications get installed in different folders on the handsets.
2. Symbian signed Certificate - Does this mean the DevCert from Symbian signed; that is limited to the range of IMEIs that we provide? If any other, I dont know if Symbian provides the certificate separately or it directly signs the SIS uploaded for testing at the Symbian Signed.
The nokia online packager requires a Symbian Certificate file for packaging the swf. So far I have only known to sign the SIS with the publisher ID to be sent to Symbian Signed for testing or sign with a Symbian DevCert for self testing.
Does Symbian provide a new certificate (and key) after the test has been successfully performed, or simply signs the SIS intended to be published at the Ovi Store? I am sure signing the SIS with a symbian signed provided DevCert is no of use while aiming distribution.
Last edited by supriyaakg; 2010-04-28 at 08:59.
did you read the docs?
1 - it's the location where you want your swf to be installed.
2 - No, you upload the Certificate/Key files from you publisher ID that you use to sign the sis for then go to SymbianSigned.com to do symbian signed for the signed sis
3 - SymbianSigned.com perform the Symbian Signed operation on your sis with appropriate UID, and gives you back a signed sis which can be installed on any Nokia device
I know the signing is a bit confusing and probably because the wording is misleading but here are the steps:
1 - Buy a Publisher ID (cert/key) to do Symbian Signed
2 - with those files you perform the signing of the sis file with protected UID
3 - once you have the signed sis, go to SymbianSigned.com to performs the Express Signing (Symbian Signed) for you sis
Three bugs experienced so far:
1. The installed application shows the icon but there is a default flash icon in the task manager.
2. An application installed installed in the memory card fails to make an internet connectivity unlike the one in from the phone memory.
3. the sound of the videos played from the application is really low as compared to the one created from SIS from Helisso.
Someone watching, please look into this.
Last edited by supriyaakg; 2010-04-28 at 14:02.
1. The Flash Lite is launched by embedding it into the application, not via stub. So Flash Lite icon will appear along with application icon. Not a bug.
2. Can you check if the file is installed in correct Trusted folder? i.e. e:\others\trusted note that on path is different on c:\data\others\trusted
3. Mmmm... not sure what could be the problem as I believe Helisso also launch Flash Lite by embedding it into application.
// chall3ng3r //
1. Well, if you say that it is not a bug, then certainly it is not accepted also to send this SIS to the Symbian Signed also. The application icon does appear in the list of installed applications, however the task manager shows not reflect the same. How will I recognize which flash icon is for which application in case of multiple flash lite applications?
Also, Check http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...4_Wiki_version
" TEST 2 - Application start/stop behaviour
1 Start the application by selecting the icon or following the steps outlined in the submission statement
Navigate to the Task Manager and check that the application appears there."
2. Yes, my application is installed in the mentioned path.
as chall3ng3r mentioned:
1 - it's not a bug. And you cannot launch multiple Flash Lite application at the same time. Also it want fail Symbian Signed. The reason is that your Flash Lite swf file "Passive Content" is not the binary but it's the Flash Lite player the binary "Active Content". This is an important distinction to understand. When you do Symbian Signed, you are signing the Launcher application which is a symbian app not the swf which is considered as an image.
2 - try to load a crossdomain file and set the allowdomain in your app in addition to set your publishing settings Network allow.
I used this but I can not get sis file. It shows error like this:
Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Please help me.
Please make sure of the following:
1. Enter your UID as 0x******** (protected or unprotected, depending upon your certificate).
2. The application path should be something like '\data\others\trusted' or '\data\others' depending upon whether your application uses user data or not.
3. Choose the correct application swf and icon.
Rest will be fine. There might be some momentorily glitch (which I had also experienced initially), but eventually you will get through.