Discussion Board

QT Mobility + MADDE?

Has anyone been able to get MADDE working with Qt Mobility? I successfully installed Qt Mobility on Windows 7, and have projects including Qt Mobility compiling in Qt Creator just fine.

But when I set the build destination (in Qt Creator) for the N900 using MADDE's qmake/make, I get compiler errors complaining about not being able to resolve QtMobility namespaces/includes.

Has anyone been able to hook in 3rd party libs to MADDE? If not, is there an easy alternative way to use Qt Creator with Qt Mobility developing for an N900? Linux + Scratchbox, perhaps?

Thanks!

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: QT Mobility + MADDE?

The official support is via Scratchbox only at this stage. Qt Creator guys have imported Mobility into MADDE but I am not sure how reliable that is. Mobility is likely to wait for the final MADDE release before supporting it.

of course this does not mean that you cannot get MADDE to work. The Qt SDK related forum might be a better spot to ask.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,

which madde are you using? In case you installed madde manually, then those do not include the Qt Mobility APIs and further only includes a Qt4.5.3 version. I would encourage you to try the Maemo part of the Nokia Qt SDK beta then.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dslfoolish View Post
    Has anyone been able to get MADDE working with Qt Mobility? I successfully installed Qt Mobility on Windows 7, and have projects including Qt Mobility compiling in Qt Creator just fine.

But when I set the build destination (in Qt Creator) for the N900 using MADDE's qmake/make, I get compiler errors complaining about not being able to resolve QtMobility namespaces/includes.
    It actually sounds like you are using Nokia Qt SDK rather than plain MADDE.

Quote Originally Posted by dslfoolish View Post
    Has anyone been able to hook in 3rd party libs to MADDE? If not, is there an easy alternative way to use Qt Creator with Qt Mobility developing for an N900? Linux + Scratchbox, perhaps?

Thanks!
    Officially extension of MADDE is not possible. If you want to do something serious there is no alternative to Linux + Scratchbox. However, it's not possible to use Qt Creator with scratchbox.