Discussion Board

querymessages example not compiling when QMessageStore is added

Hi,

I ran the logfileposition example on the N97-mini, that worked fine. The messaging example querymessages won't compile when I try to use QMessageStore::instance() and some other members of the class. I get link errors saying that the function QMessageStore::instance() is not defined. I wanted to build on the examples.

Why isn't the querymessages example code compiling when I add QMessageStore and related headers? This also happens in my own code.

I didn't build the libs (just used the zipped file's install_to_sdk binaries) at first but after things didn't work I built the QMessage libs and added them to my .pro file and still I get errors.

I have another version of qtm with a _tp suffix, when I build that it links fine, but I don't have the rights to install the .sis files on the phone!

Here are the errors:
    "\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\PhoneApp\PHONEAPP_0XE85CB282\GCCE\PHONEAPP_0XE85CB282.GCCE" UREL
    \S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\PhoneApp\PHONEAPP_0XE85CB282\GCCE\urel\PhoneApp.o: In function `PhoneApp::PhoneApp(QWidget*)':
    phoneapp.cpp.text+0x5e): undefined reference to `QtMobility::QMessageStore::instance()'
    \S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\PhoneApp\PHONEAPP_0XE85CB282\GCCE\urel\PhoneApp.o: In function `PhoneApp::PhoneApp(QWidget*)':
    phoneapp.cpp.text+0x116): undefined reference to `QtMobility::QMessageStore::instance()'
    make[1]: *** [\S60\devices\S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\release\gcce\urel\PhoneApp.exe] Error 1
    make: *** [TARGETPHONEAPP_0XE85CB282] Error 2

Thanks,
    Jim
    Last edited by jmclaurin11; 2010-04-26 at 21:14.

Re: querymessages example not compiling when QMessageStore is added

Hi,

I resolved this problem. QMessageStore appears to be a back-end class that's not part of the public interface of the Messaging API. QMessageManager delegates the functionality of QMessageStore. The examples I was looking at used QMessageStore directly. I guess they're using an old version of Qt-Mobility.

Jim