Discussion Board

QDBus and connect to com.nokia.csd.Call

What I try to do is catch a signal when I an outgoing call is answered and when is closed. I simple want to count the time of my calls. I searched a lot. I even used dbus-monitor to examine the difference of an answered outgoing call and an unanswered one.This is the result.

Code:
    signal sender=:1.17 -> dest=(null destination) serial=1824 path=/com/nokia/csd/call/1; interface=com.nokia.csd.Call.Instance; member=AudioConnect
       boolean true
       boolean true
       boolean false
    So I tried to connect the dbus signal to my slot with the following code
    Code:
    bus.connect("com.nokia.csd.Call.Instance", "/com/nokia/csd/call/1", "com.nokia.csd.Call.Instance", "AudioConnect", this, SLOT(handleCall(const QDBusMessage&)));
    Sadly nothing happens. Does anyone know how can I understand when my call is answered and when the call is terminated in order to count the time?

Super Contributor

Re: QDBus and connect to com.nokia.csd.Call

Quote Originally Posted by crabsody View Post
    Sadly nothing happens.
    And what is your expectation?
    Does anyone know how can I understand when my call is answered and when the call is terminated in order to count the time?
    This DBus API is closed.

Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    And what is your expectation?
    Obviously I would expect that my slot (handleCall) would connect to the dbus signal correctly.

Super Contributor

Obviously I would expect that my slot (handleCall) would connect to the dbus signal correctly.
    You don't even check return value of connect method, how do you know it's not connected correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    You don't even check return value of connect method, how do you know it's not connected correctly?
    sorry I didn't write it down the correct way. I mean that my slot is not being called when it should be. (when I make a phone call). connect returns true.

Super Contributor

sorry I didn't write it down the correct way. I mean that my slot is not being called when it should be. (when I make a phone call). connect returns true.
    And what could be bus.?