Discussion Board

Hybrid View

QNativeSocketEngine::initialize unable to inline out-of-band data

I've done quite some searching on the web, but couldn't find any answer to my problem.
    I am getting
    Code:
    QNativeSocketEngine::initialize unable to inline out-of-band data
    in the Output window while running my application in the emulator. I am using a QTcpSocket to send a HTTP request and get the response. The request and the response get sent and received, respectively, but I am wondering what that message means.

Another problem is that the application does not work on my device. It does start normally, but the socket does not appear to work. Might this have anything to do with the message above?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, as I have no experience writing apps for Symbian (or any other mobile devices, for that matter).

Thanks.

Super Contributor

Re: QNativeSocketEngine::initialize unable to inline out-of-band data

Thanks for your response. I'd already come across that page, but it didn't really help me understand what the problem is, if there is one.

Super Contributor

Well, some out-of-band data is apparently getting generated, and the message means it's not getting sent, at least not at the time the message comes out. But I only have a vague understanding of what out-of-band data is, so I can't speculate as to what's going on in any detail.

One thing to note is that QHttp and it's kin have been deprecated, in favor of the "new and improved" QNetworkXxxx stuff. (Just in case you've been looking at some old examples that use QHttp.)

Super Contributor

I assume you've seen this thread: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=180209

Super Contributor

Looking at the referenced thread below, I got the impression that this message is coming out during configuration, and then, as it happened, I was watching the console while testing a prototype comm app and saw the self-same message.

I think what it means is that a configuration command was sent down and it couldn't be fully honored -- ie, inlining out-of-band data was requested but the configuration does not support that. I suspect it's a red herring with regard to your problems on the hardware.