Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Unable to handle error "Problem with content 1"

hi,

My app is on FL 3.0, that plays flv videos from a server. I have just noticed that on playing a video for almost 15 min, I get an error on my N79 'Problem with content 1'. I have observed the same error in similar scenarios while remote accessing nokia devices on http://apu.ndhub.net/devices.

Is this error related to memory? My app needs around 7MB of space for installation. Although I am not sure how much the free memory is depleting when videos are played.

Please help.

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

Re: Unable to handle error "Problem with content 1"

I think its running into heap issues. 15 mins of video is too long. Are you planning to play a complete movie?? Even if it plays, the battery would drain quickly and device would really heat up. Better option is to use device video (3GP) in this case.

Ramesh

Regular Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

Can you please provide me a link of a 3gp file that is on some server. The local files dont seem to work at all.

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

Hi Supriya,

I have mailed you the RTSP player project. Please try that.

Ramesh

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh130 View Post
    I think its running into heap issues. 15 mins of video is too long. Are you planning to play a complete movie?? Even if it plays, the battery would drain quickly and device would really heat up. Better option is to use device video (3GP) in this case.

Ramesh
    Hi Ramesh,

Where else can I confirm the maximum duration of an flv video from an 'http' server that a FL3.0 app can play? What if i split the movie in lengths of say 15 min each...Is it possible to then play segments of that length?

Also, can you explain how the 3gp scores over an flv for playing a complete movie? I couldnt get through installing a darwin server. The hyperlink for download mentioned in http://generally.wordpress.com/2007/...er-on-windows/ doesnt show an download option.

Please help.

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

Hi Supriya,

Actually deciding on a streaming solution is a lot more invloved process and many factors must be accounted. Can you explain the usage scenario? I may be able to then explain the pros and cons to using streaming or progressive download with respect to that use case.

You can download the darwin streaming server from here
    http://static.macosforge.org/dss/downloads/

Also download Quicktime player. Install the the darwin server. It would run as a service. Type this url in quicktime player

rtsp://your-ip/sample_50kbit.3gp

It should play. Then try that url in your code and see if it plays.

Ramesh

Regular Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

My app fetches xml from a webservice which contains a list of flv on the http server. The movie that I am testing is roughly 320 MB and around 17 min of play time is success. Beyond that I get the mentioned error.

However, when I play videos of approx. 15 min in succession (i.e. stopping a video at 15 min, deleting the net stream object and creating a new for the next video, so that the buffer is flushed) the app seems to work fine.

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

It seems that you are doing video on demand kind of application where user can watch movie on the mobile selected from the catalog. Breaking the movie into pieces would spoil the user experience.

Can you do an experiment, trace the total available and the free memory and see when it crashes, how much is the memory consumption and the free mem available at that instance.

Ramesh

Regular Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

The free memory has drops from an 83% at the start to a 23% (approx 17 min of play time) when the application succumbs. Is that the problem? When I play the video again, it is the same pattern.

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

Yup. Thats the problem. The downloaded data is sitting in heap memory and not getting cleared after the playback. Closing the application clears the memory and when you strat again you have all the memory avaialble again, so it is able to play for the same duration again.

Ramesh

Regular Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

I have the following conclusions on comparison of the app behaviour as created by Carbide C++ and Helisso:

Carbide C++:
    1. I have increased the max. dynamic to 20MB and also 4MB, both producing the same result of available memory of 20MB for the app and the videos play considerably good (I have tested upto 40 min so far). The default is of the order of 4MB which causes trouble.

2. The app runs simultaneously while making a call or using any other mobile application thus always providing a background sound and on switching back to it from the task manager gives 'Flash Content Error 7' (more explanation in http://library.forum.nokia.com/index...886EFB41B.html). Although I am unable to handle it.

3. The application does not run when installed in the memory card.

Contrasting the above for Helisso:
    1. I am not sure of any method to alter the dynamic heap size and the default shown while the videos are played is of the order of 6MB which depletes very fast.

2. The app runs in the background while a phone call or any other application is run and resumes through the task manager.

3. The application only gets installed in the phone memory and works fine except for the trouble mentioned in index 1.

So far Helisso seems to be the best option, even while the Nokia Online Packager has returned for all experienced use cases. The only technical glitch is to increase the dynamic heap if possible anyhow.

Please help.

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

Few considerations for creating content for Drawin server and streaming to Flashlite-

1. The 3gp content needs hinting, which can be done by a free tool called MP4Box.
    2. Audio in MP3 or AAC has to be packaged into 3gp to allow streaming to FL.

Ramesh

Regular Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for your help and guidance. The 3gp and mp4 from the rtsp work well on the Windows(local) and the Linux(production) servers.

As suggested by you regarding the methods available for playing a 3gp content, I have used pause and resume and they seem to work well. But I am unable to replay the video for the following cases:
    1. After having stopped it (using stop(), close() and combination of both) and trying to play it again.

2. Also when the video is completed and then tried to play it again.

The video goes to an infinite buffering period for both the afore mentioned cases.

3. If I try to play an flv after closing and stopping the video instance, the earlier 3gp/mp4 still plays in the background.

4. If I try to play another 3gp/mp4 after closing and stopping the video instance, I get an error '-5401 Bad State'. While trying to play the previous file again sends into an infinite buffering period.

Also, the sample files both at the production server and the local server on my machine work well. I am also able to play the local 3gp (the one that you had sent me) and mp4 videos, placed in the same path as the fla, but when I place the same to the mentioned paths 'C:\Program Files\Darwin Streaming Server\Movies' (local server) and '/usr/local/movies' in the linux server, I get the following message:

'Negotiating 415-Unsupported Media Type'

However, copying the sample media files from the above mentioned paths to the same path as the fla, gives the desired result.

I am not sure if it is a problem with the video files, as the sample files in the DSS setup seem to be all audios.

What could be the problem?

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany
    Last edited by supriyaakg; 2010-05-05 at 07:29.

Hi,

Try video.clear() instead of close.

I hope you are giving the proper url...like rtsp://xxxxx/abc.3gp and you have hinted the files using MP4box.

The sample files in darwin streaming folder have videos as well. Use quicktime player to check those.

Ramesh

Regular Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

Regarding the first point (clear()), it didnt work. However I am able to use all the videos from the server after hinting. I have mailed you regarding the mistake that I was doing so far.

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany