Discussion Board

carbide c++ sis file problem HELP!!!

hi guys am a newbi in carbide c++ and symbian programing, i am having a problem using the sis file creation, i can create the sis file i also get it signed from symbiansigned.com but if i make any change to the code and compile it new sis file is not generated,the earlier code sis file is only generated again, i tried deleting the previous sis file from the folder and compiling again but of no use,also can any 1 tell me how to enable my nokia n86 to accept and install selfsigned files.
    kindly reply asap.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: carbide c++ sis file problem HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz63 View Post
    hi guys am a newbi in carbide c++ and symbian programing, i am having a problem using the sis file creation, i can create the sis file i also get it signed from symbiansigned.com but if i make any change to the code and compile it new sis file is not generated,the earlier code sis file is only generated again, i tried deleting the previous sis file from the folder and compiling again but of no use,
    Deleting sis file only wont help as its just a file created from a collection of a number of other files (exe and resources.) You should be deleting the exe file and other resources ( you could check the pkg file and see the list of all the source files used there to package)

also can any 1 tell me how to enable my nokia n86 to accept and install selfsigned files.
    kindly reply asap.
    In the settings, application manager, software installation, change it to 'all'.

Super Contributor

Do I understand this correctly? You change the code, recompile and the SIS file's content is NOT changed?

First thing: are you sure that you have set the configuration to be the one you have set in the SIS settings? For example, if you recompile in WINSCW, a SIS based on UREL GCCE will not be updated.

Tam
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    Do I understand this correctly? You change the code, recompile and the SIS file's content is NOT changed?

First thing: are you sure that you have set the configuration to be the one you have set in the SIS settings? For example, if you recompile in WINSCW, a SIS based on UREL GCCE will not be updated.

Tam

exactly correct i think we are using winscw(how do i verify this??)...wat do i do so tha my sis file gets updated???
    and regarding the self signing ...my seetings in phone is set to all...i get a msg unable to install untrusted app from unknow client??? ne way to make the self signing work????

You can read about the various signing-related stories on http://www.symbiansigned.com
    In short: self signing can enable only 5 capabilities: Read/WriteUserData, Local/NetworkServices and UserEnvironment (and the UID of your application has to be in the unprotected range, 0x8000000-0xFFFFFFFF, typically 0xE<something>).
    The active build configuration can be set in the Project menu.

exactly correct i think we are using winscw(how do i verify this??)...wat do i do so tha my sis file gets updated???
    and regarding the self signing ...my seetings in phone is set to all...i get a msg unable to install untrusted app from unknow client??? ne way to make the self signing work????
    you should use gcce urel for phone release.

PHEW!! THAT WORKED ....SIS CHANGING NOW....BUT ANY WAY TO MAKE MY SELF SIGNING WORK ....I HAVE CHANGED THE PHONE SETTINGS TO ALL...I GET A msg cant install untrusted app from unknown user....thnaks a lot for ev for their response....carbide c++ is not really for the beginers!!!

Prior to Carbide.c++ many of these steps had to be made in a fancy black cmd.exe window, via typing cryptic commands - everything is nice and friendly now

PHEW!! I GET A msg cant install untrusted app from unknown user....thnaks a lot for ev for their response....carbide c++ is not really for the beginers!!!
    You can check for installation errors from http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...llation_Errors

Like Wizard confirmed, Carbide has made life much easier than it was..just need to get used to it.