Discussion Board

[Nokia Qt SDK] Compiler warnings and breakpoints not working

I have installed the SDK and imported a Symbian project from QtC 1.3.1 that I compiled with the 3.2 SDK. When compiling with the Qt beta SDK I get something like 1000 warnings in the SDK sources

e.g:
    In file included from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/epoc32/include/e32std.h:13,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/arch/qatomic_symbian.h:46,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/qatomic_symbian.h:1,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/arch/qatomic_arch.h:86,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/qatomic_arch.h:1,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/thread/qbasicatomic.h:227,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/qbasicatomic.h:1,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/thread/qatomic.h:46,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/qatomic.h:1,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qbytearray.h:45,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/qbytearray.h:1,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qstring.h:46,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/qstring.h:1,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qobject.h:48,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtCore/qobject.h:1,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtGui/../../src/gui/kernel/qwidget.h:46,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtGui/qwidget.h:1,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtGui/../../src/gui/dialogs/qdialog.h:45,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtGui/qdialog.h:1,
    from /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/include/QtGui/QDialog:1,
    from /s60dev/projects/QsWallet/src/DlgAddAccount.h:4,
    from /s60dev/projects/QsWallet/src/dlgaddaccount.cpp:1:
    /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/epoc32/include/e32cmn.h:6166: warning: 'TAny* operator new(TUint)' redeclared without dllimport attribute: previous dllimport ignored
    /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/epoc32/include/e32cmn.h:6172: warning: 'TAny* operator new(TUint, TUint)' redeclared without dllimport attribute: previous dllimport ignored
    /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/epoc32/include/e32cmn.h:6178: warning: 'void operator delete(TAny*)' redeclared without dllimport attribute: previous dllimport ignored
    /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/epoc32/include/e32cmn.h:6185: warning: 'TAny* operator new [](TUint)' redeclared without dllimport attribute: previous dllimport ignored
    /s60dev/qtsdk_beta/Symbian/SDK/epoc32/include/e32cmn.h:6191: warning: 'void operator delete [](TAny*)' redeclared without dllimport attribute: previous dllimport ignored
    Anyone else have this problem? The program compiles fine otherwise and can be deployed and run on the 5.0 device. Qt Creator also becomes very slow after the compile is finished. Clearing the output panes does not help.

Another issue seems to be that breakpoints aren't hit in this version of Qt Creator when debugging on the device.
    Last edited by razvanpetru; 2010-04-27 at 20:29. Reason: Added info

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: [news] Nokia Qt SDK v1.0 Beta released

Quote Originally Posted by razvanpetru View Post
    Qt Creator also becomes very slow after the compile is finished. Clearing the output panes does not help.
    Another issue seems to be that breakpoints aren't hit in this version of Qt Creator when debugging on the device.
    If you can reproduce any of these, please open a bug report! The links are on the wiki page here: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph..._SDK_v1.0_Beta

Re: [Nokia Qt SDK] Compiler warnings and breakpoints not working

I have opened a bug report at http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCREATORBUG-1294. The debugger issue disappeared after I removed all the QtC settings.

Hi

Got exactly same issue: thousands of warnings using sdk, included in Qt SDK beta
    Switching to standalone SDK fixed the problem
    What the reason to include Nokia SDK to Qt SDK package?

Regular Contributor

Hi!

I too had the same problem, first when I tried loading my project that I've built in Carbide I got like 15000 warnings! Then I tried just creating a new project and build it for Qt for Symbian Devices, I got 288 errors, all pointing at the Qt headers. Anyone hasn't got all these warnings on the Qt for Symbian Devices?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by stegemann View Post
    Hi!

I too had the same problem, first when I tried loading my project that I've built in Carbide I got like 15000 warnings! Then I tried just creating a new project and build it for Qt for Symbian Devices, I got 288 errors, all pointing at the Qt headers. Anyone hasn't got all these warnings on the Qt for Symbian Devices?
    Nokia Qt SDK does not work with Carbide.c++. If indeed you have similar problem with that IDE and your SDK setup, please start a new thread and let us know the details (SDKs, compiler versions, IDE version, console output ...)
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Nokia Qt SDK does not work with Carbide.c++. If indeed you have similar problem with that IDE and your SDK setup, please start a new thread and let us know the details (SDKs, compiler versions, IDE version, console output ...)
    Yes I've already started a post about this, please check it out: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=199894

Ok, so Carbide.c++ is not really part of the story, you get these warnings when compiling your existing project with the Nokia Qt SDK. Now that we have this clarified, and if indeed you get something line 1500 of them, you are welcome the attach the build log to this error report, so that those looking into it will know what they have to fix.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

I just mentioned Carbide++ as this is where I first created my Qt project. Then I tried to open the .pro file in Qt Creator and had all these warnings..

I added my compile output to the Error Report so that someone can take a look at it.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Today I got information in Qt Creator that it was some new updates to download. I downloaded the updates for Qt Creator and Qt but I still have the same problems with lots and lots of warnings. Anyone know when this is going to be fixed?

Regular Contributor

Anyone know about this?

Bug QTBUG-10476 is still open and waiting to be evaluated. That's about all anyone knows about it.

Interested parties can vote for it, to increase its priority, but I guess the tricky part is that the warnings come from outside Qt being thus more difficult for Qt's engineers to fix it.
    -- Lucian

There has been some movement on these warnings, as discussed here: http://developer.symbian.org/forum/s...ead.php?t=6836. I've updated the defect.