Discussion Board

Symbian C++ and Java ME together

Hi,

I'm not really a "fresh meat" to mobile development, have done a couple of applications through the last months so this is, indeed, my very first posting to this board, I've found here most of the answers for my questions so far except that now I've came across something I haven't seen any thread speaking of (please forgive if I missed it. Something like a mobile solution that integrates J2ME and Symbian C++ into one application only.

Let's say that I need to use something from Symbian which is not available through J2ME. Features such as CTelephony API, changing Options menu "on the fly" etcetera. I know about the variations in S40s and S60s Nokia phones. But just for the sake of simplicity, let's say I'm developing for a S60 device, would be possible to have one single application (either .SIS or .JAR) that wraps two applications into one only? Something similar to building a windows application and adding a third party DLL to it to sell as one package.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!

Super Contributor

Re: Symbian C++ and Java ME together

There is no specific mechanism for integrating the two. Java ME is basically designed to stop you doing it. You can read this article in the Forum Wiki for one technique.

Graham.

Re: Symbian C++ and Java ME together

I've read the article and it has certainly enlightened me a bit. I appreciate it! I’ll carefully see how that sample technique works and see what can be taken of it.

Thanks Graham.

Does anybody else have anything to say before ending this thread?

Marcus