Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

[Nokia Qt SDK] Qt Mobility in "Simulator Qt for Visual Studio 2005 (beta)" config

Hello,

I installed the new Nokia Qt SDK on Windows XP (Nokia_Qt_SDK_Win_v1_0_beta_en_offline.exe) and noticed something.

I created a 'hello world' project and set the 'Qt Simulator' as the target ("Simulator Qt for Visual Studio 2005 (Beta)") in Qt Creator. Then I included in the .pro file, the bearer management API (MOBILITY += bearer).

However, when I try to build this target (debug version), I get an error: "Cannot open 'QtBearerd.lib'". If the target is the release version, the message changes to "Cannot open 'QtBearer.lib'". The same kind of error occurs if I use the Multimedia API (MOBILITY += multimedia): "Cannot open 'QtMediad.lib'".

I browsed my installation dir for the Qt Mobility libraries (C:\Dev\NokiaQtSDK\Simulator\QtMobility\msvc2005\lib) and noticed that those mentioned files where not there (but the other ones for the other Qt Mobility APIs were). What should I do to correct this?

Cheers
    Luis

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: [Nokia Qt SDK] Qt Mobility in "Simulator Qt for Visual Studio 2005 (beta)" config

The Bearer Management API was merged into Qt 4.7: You can include the relevant headers directly from QtNetwork without having to go though Mobility. The Multimedia Mobility API is not yet available in the Simulator.

Re: [Nokia Qt SDK] Qt Mobility in "Simulator Qt for Visual Studio 2005 (beta)" config

Quote Originally Posted by lpvalente View Post
    Hello,

I installed the new Nokia Qt SDK on Windows XP (Nokia_Qt_SDK_Win_v1_0_beta_en_offline.exe) and noticed something.

I created a 'hello world' project and set the 'Qt Simulator' as the target ("Simulator Qt for Visual Studio 2005 (Beta)") in Qt Creator. Then I included in the .pro file, the bearer management API (MOBILITY += bearer).

However, when I try to build this target (debug version), I get an error: "Cannot open 'QtBearerd.lib'". If the target is the release version, the message changes to "Cannot open 'QtBearer.lib'". The same kind of error occurs if I use the Multimedia API (MOBILITY += multimedia): "Cannot open 'QtMediad.lib'".

I browsed my installation dir for the Qt Mobility libraries (C:\Dev\NokiaQtSDK\Simulator\QtMobility\msvc2005\lib) and noticed that those mentioned files where not there (but the other ones for the other Qt Mobility APIs were). What should I do to correct this?

Cheers
    Luis

i install QT 4.7: Nokia_Qt_SDK_Win_v1_0_beta_en_offline.exe

#-------------------------------------------------
    #
    # Project created by QtCreator 2010-06-02T21:47:46
    #
    #-------------------------------------------------
    QT += core gui\
    network
    TARGET = ConnectInterNet
    TEMPLATE = app
    SOURCES += main.cpp\
    mainwindow.cpp
    HEADERS += mainwindow.h
    FORMS += mainwindow.ui
    CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY = bearer
    symbian {
    TARGET.UID3 = 0xe929f287
    # TARGET.CAPABILITY +=
    TARGET.EPOCSTACKSIZE = 0x14000
    TARGET.EPOCHEAPSIZE = 0x020000 0x800000
    }

error
    LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'QtBearerd.lib'
    why ?

I get this problem too, even with the new non-beta release Nokia_Qt_SDK_Win_offline_v1_0_en.exe . I can fix it by marking the LIBS lines as symbian only:

symbian {
    LIBS += -lQtBearer \
    -lQtLocation
    }

Then it compiles and runs fine on the Simulator, and also compiles for Symbian. But I'm still wondering if something isn't set up right here...