Discussion Board

Question (.swf skins => .nfl skins ) ???

Hi,

Is there a way to use .swf skins (media player, fm radio, equalizer) from the older nokia s40v5 phones like 5310 or 5610, and convert them to .nfl skins for newer s40 devices like 5220 or 5130 ???

I've tried to convert them manually by descriptor files, then adding them to a .zip archive, and renaming them from .zip to .nfl, But no use.

I also tried swf2nfl converter, but that didn't work either. I just see a blank screen.

But if I make a .nfl screen saver, it works.

nokia 5310 has some really cool skins for music player, fm radio and eq, I want to use them on my phone.

I've searched the threads in this section, but couldn't find a suitable answer to my problem.
    Can anyone help?

I'm using a 5220xm. Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: (.swf skins => .nfl skins ) ???

You cannot covert content (swf) into packaging (nfl), certainly not with a tool designed to put content into a package (swf2nfl).

Download Carbide.ui and start designing themes for your target devices according to their themes specifications. If you can reuse any resources from the old swf that is great, if not ...

Please post your further question about themes on the Carbide.ui/Themes forum on this boards.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    You cannot covert content (swf) into packaging (nfl), certainly not with a tool designed to put content into a package (swf2nfl).

Download Carbide.ui and start designing themes for your target devices according to their themes specifications. If you can reuse any resources from the old swf that is great, if not ...

Please post your further question about themes on the Carbide.ui/Themes forum on this boards.
    I can design themes using carbide UI theme editor. I'm having problem creating .nfl skins for s40 music player, fm radio and equalizer. I used .swf skins from previous s40 5th ed devices to create .nfl package, but it did not work.

Does the .nfl package require any kind of certificate to make it a working skin? Am I missing anything here?? Please help

The NFL contains the file that the skin engine on the phone recognizes and knows how to handle. You can put a video file inside an NFL but that does not mean that the it will be rendered as skin for the music player.(!?)

The only way you can change the theme elements for those applications is if Carbide.ui allows you to provide new graphical elements for them and then makes sure to insert them properly in the NFL. If it doesn't then you can't do it.

The guys active in the Themes forum can explain this for you better.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Question Re: (.swf skins => .nfl skins ) ???

Itomuta

How can I sign NFL skin to make it work? Is there any app to do it?

I don't think that theme files packaged as *.nfl require any signature, but I might be wrong about that. Why don't you search/read the posts in the Themes/Carbide.ui forum, see what themes creators know about that? Or post a question there, start a new discussion.
    -- Lucian

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    I don't think that theme files packaged as *.nfl require any signature, but I might be wrong about that. Why don't you search/read the posts in the Themes/Carbide.ui forum, see what themes creators know about that? Or post a question there, start a new discussion.
    Okay I will follow your advice mate, but suddenly I think that will not get any help there
    http://waping.org

hello guys, how to upload themes on the phone and I player, radio and equalizer? I must mention that they have a nokia x2 and accept only themes *.NFL. The but do not understand how to upload files with the "oxygen" that I found those folders in which the main theme but can not find a button to upload .... thanks