Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Display content not refreshing in FL4

I am facing a weird issue using FlashLite 4 on Nokia N8.

I am loading XML and based on that, I am populating the results(say 25 results), each result contains one image and some text. I am making sure that all the images are not loaded simultaneously, but loads next image only when previous image is loaded.

Even though the image is loaded (I check with progress), it is not displayed in application. I tried using the updateAfterEvent (in TimerEvent) and also adding some timeline animation which would refresh the display content, but nothing works. I am very much sure that the problem is because the display is not getting refereshed, may be due to low-memory for Flash player. If suppose I lock and aging unlock the device OR if I open the keyboard to enter text and close the keyboard, the loaded image becomes visible, mainly because the display content is refreshed.

Is there any way by which I can forcefully refresh the FlashLite content OR suppose increase the memory for Flash Player which may resolve the issue?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Regards,
    Sangram

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Display content not refreshing in FL4

Hi ,
    It seems to be an issue with caching of large number of images. You can simply check it by loading small number of images lets say 5. Moreover, it may occur if you are loading large images and then resizing them at runtime.
    s there any way by which I can forcefully refresh the FlashLite content OR suppose increase the memory for Flash Player which may resolve the issue?
    Dont think there is anyway to refresh Flash Lite content by some API. However, you can increase the heap memory if you create a Flash Lite stub manually using this technique (by setting iReserved2 parameter) :
    Create_Flash_Applications_with_Carbide.c%2B%2B

Hint: I also experienced that if there is a memory issue in loading images then the image may turned red/pink & Flash Lite player may panics about memory full.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply Saji!

As I mentioned before I am loading only one image at a time and the images are very small, about 4-5 kb. Wih this type of loading, even first image is not displayed.

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi Sangramp,
    So, You want to say that even you cant load 5 images (of 4-5 kb each) ? .If that is the case,then there must be an issue in the coding as i did it in few of my projects before and it was working fine. To make us help you further just attach the minimum code of yours which is causing the issue. So, i can test it on my side and debug the issue when get some time.

Best Regards,
    SaijSoft

Regular Contributor

Hi Saji,
    The issue was with code only, as I am loading huge amount of data before loading images and I cant control the grabage collection in FlashLite and has to deal with the minimum memory assigned for Flash Player.

But now I have able to optimise the code and managed the listeners effectively and every-thing worked well. It was a great experiance resolving this issue :-)

Surely will post a link to application, once it is in OVI store!!!