Discussion Board

Question Strange and unexplained behaviour (CSS?) (Hard reset phone?)

I added some pretty plain CSS for an a object's hover state.
    When installing the widget on my N97, which is not frequently used for testing minor updates (only the big ones), the css rule applies nicely.
    When holding your finger on the object, it nicely turns grey as i want it to.

Although, on my N97 Mini, when hovering the same object, same widgetversion, the object turns WHITE.

I'm pretty certain I didnt make any mistakes css'ing the stuff, since that's become like a second nature to me.

I figured updating the widget this many times on the phone (hundreds of times) might have caused some exception.
    So first I uninstalled the widget, reinstalled, but the same kept happening.
    Removing the browsers cache seemed irrelevant, and like expected, also didnt help.
    So, i figured, maybe this goes deeper than you'd think, something really stays stuck somewhere.
    I reinstalled my phones firmware (I hoped it would clean EVERYTHING, but it didnt), just to see if i could return it to factory state.

Now the question is, how to clean the phone as much as possible? I'd like to have -everything- restored to factory state, firmware, remove -ALL- software, settings, no more nothing.
    I think this might fix my problem, just lacking the knowledge how to perform such a reset.
    Or, ofcourse, something really strange is up with my css stuff. But didnt notice any of it in earlier stages, so I think it's not the case...

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Strange and unexplained behaviour (CSS?) (Hard reset phone?)

Hi JasperGoes,

have you tried if changing your 'a' tag into another (let's say: a 'div' element) actually changes this behavior?

Pit

Re: Strange and unexplained behaviour (CSS?) (Hard reset phone?)

Hi Jappit,

Still pretty certain something strange was going on here, but I chose to set up my styling some completely different way. No more 'a' objects at all, although they had a nice phonevibration set to clicking them,
    but replaced them all with standard divs with a manually invoked vibration.
    For now no more need for hover states or active states.

Thanks a lot for replying though.

This thread may now be discarded.

(Although I would still like to fully reset my phone somehow).

Br, Jasper