Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Bugs in review comments

Last week i got a review comment for my app that it was not working in 5800 XP music. After the latest updrade in OVI store, only those who purchase app can write reviews. i don't want to purchase my own app so contacted the person via email and resolved the issue. He was happy about the support and said he will write a comment about the support. After the upgrade review comments doesn't stay (see my thread on review comments deleted) and by the time my client logged into ovi store he didn't see his comments. He sent a harsh mail to me saying that i have deleted his comment because it was negative. I again explained him the scenario and sent link about my previous thread and then he understood the issue. Now again i recieved a mail from him and he says the system doesn't allow him to post more than one comment.

Now can you see how many problems with this review comments.

1. Publishers are not allowed to comment on reviews.
    2. Review comments gets deleted automatically.
    3. Only one review comment per purchase.

I don't know when we will recieve fix for all these but atleast i thought to record it here so someone someday from OVI will look into it.

Lightbulb Re: Bugs in review comments

Christmas ?

Fixed bugs will be nice gift from OVI for my christmas tree

It's my estimation

My wish list:
    1) working download (many user's reported download problems, I am able to reproduce it anytime)
    2) working search (search is really stupid)
    3) Update application to new version support all handled by OVI store
    4) More screen-shots and full screen screen-shots support

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Bugs in review comments

Quote Originally Posted by vinothg View Post
    Last week i got a review comment for my app that it was not working in 5800 XP music. After the latest updrade in OVI store, only those who purchase app can write reviews. i don't want to purchase my own app so contacted the person via email and resolved the issue. He was happy about the support and said he will write a comment about the support. After the upgrade review comments doesn't stay (see my thread on review comments deleted) and by the time my client logged into ovi store he didn't see his comments. He sent a harsh mail to me saying that i have deleted his comment because it was negative. I again explained him the scenario and sent link about my previous thread and then he understood the issue. Now again i recieved a mail from him and he says the system doesn't allow him to post more than one comment.

Now can you see how many problems with this review comments.

1. Publishers are not allowed to comment on reviews.
    2. Review comments gets deleted automatically.
    3. Only one review comment per purchase.

I don't know when we will recieve fix for all these but atleast i thought to record it here so someone someday from OVI will look into it.
    Dear vinothg,

Thank you for your comments.

Ovi Store changed the commenting system to prevent competitors from posting negative comments repetitively , or publishers over posting positive comments for their own contents. Publisher can still comment once, if they download the content. However, we do realize that sometimes publishers need to reply to some comments. So the development team will add the feature which allows publishers to do so in the future.

Regarding your second comment, review comments should not be deleted automatically. There has been an system issue where comments will disappear and reappear. And our team is currently working on solving this issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience. And we appreciate your understanding and patience. If you have other questions, please contact us at publishtoovi.support@nokia.com.

Thank you.