Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

TextField.PHONENUMBER

Hi Everyone

I used PIM API to fetch all contacts on phone to my app. But found an easier way by adding TextField.PHONENUMBER constraint on lcdui TextField.

The user can access contacts database(LIST) only on pressing MENU->ADD CONTACTS. I am very much eager to know if there is a way to bypass these extra key strokes.

So that my form directly takes the user to contacts LIST in my app. And I want to use TextField.PHONENUMBER. Since I found some performance issues displaying more than 100 contacts in N85 device using PIM Api.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: TextField.PHONENUMBER

The user can access contacts database(LIST) only on pressing MENU->ADD CONTACTS. I am very much eager to know if there is a way to bypass these extra key strokes.
    AFAIK In j2me we do not have event injector hence we cannot inject these keystrokes programtically, we would need to inform the user to use it.

If you use Dynamic list model (MvC design pattern), you can have a background thread which reads the content from PIM and update the model in background which is displayed on the screen in the real time. Does even a contact list with 2000 contacts will not take more time then a list of 5 contacts to comeup on the UI.

thanks,
    ~Amitabh