Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Build Error In Carbide .C++

Hello

I create a simple hello world project in carbide.c++ and i found these error ewhen i trying to build the project

I am using Sybmian^3 SDK and Carbide.C++.

>>domain/osextensions/platform_paths.hrh: No such file or directory Hello.mmp/Hello/group line 1 C/C++ Problem
    >>ERROR: cpp.exe returned non-zero exit status (8448) Hello Unknown C/C++ Problem
    >>make[1]: *** No rule to make target `\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v0.8\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\Hello\group\HELLO\WINSCW\HELLO.WINSCW'. Stop.Hello line 0 C/C++ Problem

>>cannot find include file: 'domain/osextensions/platform_paths.hrh' at \Hello\group\Hello.mmp:1 Hello.mmp /Hello/group line 1 Carbide.c++ Editor Problems

And Warning:
    >>ignoring unknown MMP statement: APP_LAYER_SYSTEMINCLUDE Hello.mmp /Hello/group line 2 Carbide.c++ Editor Problems

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Build Error In Carbide .C++

We have seen something similar in http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=199825, this APP_LAYER_SYSTEMINCLUDE also seems to be declared there.

I have these problems too!!! How can I solve and start developing?
    With previous sdk version I didn't have these problems!
    Thank you!
    Last edited by nobrand; 2010-07-07 at 11:39.

You can fix the errors manually, the referred thread may also help in that.
    Or you can use S60 SDK-s.

Sorry but I'm new in developing... I see the link that you posted but I really don't know how to fix the errors manually...
    I can not use another sdk because I need an API that is only in symbian^3 sdk... could you help me? thank you very much!

Though there is no domain/osextensions/platform_paths.hrh in the Symbian^3 SDK, there is a platform_paths.hrh, so you could #include it without the extras.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobrand View Post
    I can not use another sdk because I need an API that is only in symbian^3 sdk...
    Are you aware of that your code will not work on any currently available device?

I've to use the etelmm.lib and customapi.lib because I need RSCP and Ec/N0 values and I thought that I may use these:

http://developer.symbian.org/main/do...53F4E025B.html

http://developer.symbian.org/main/do...A3DA81FE7.html

I find these libraries only in Symbian^3SDK.... Is there another solution for my problem? Thank you very much wizard_hu!!!!

For existing devices you can try getting technical support from Nokia (see the Support link in the bottom-left area of this page). However it costs some money, and it does not guarantee that you get the API at the end.

I wizard_hu_! I've solved the Carbide + Symbian SDK^3 problems manually like you say me. I created manually some missing folders that it search but it didn't find and I also changed this thing:
    in bld.inf file there is this statement: gnumakefile icons_scalable_dc.mk but the file it refers is named Icons_aif_scalable_dc.mk.... I change the statement in bld.inf file in: gnumakefile Icons_aif_scalable_dc.mk and all it's ok naturally!
    I need to ask you the last thing. I've to use customapi.lib or etelmm.lib libraries but I verify that they are present only in the last SDK. I see also that the only phone on wich I will find the SDK^3 will be Nokia N8 (probably...). I've an E55 phone. How could I test my app? Is it possible? Is it possible to import these libraries in 3rd edition FP2 SDK? An app made by using these libraries could be compatible with E55 device? Or it's really impossible!? Thank you very much for all and sorry for my bad english ;-)

p.s. nobrand is a friend of mine... we're making the same project... He can not write at this moment so I write here for him... sorry for the confusion ;-)
    Last edited by KB24; 2010-07-13 at 18:36.

Although the E55 is just 1.5 years old, there are still 3 generations between it and Symbian^3, since S60 3rd FP2 is much older
    Code:
    Symbian 9.3 -- S60 3rd FP2
    Symbian 9.4 -- S60 5th --- Symbian^1
    -------------------------- Symbian^2
    -------------------------- Symbian^3
    Of course you can try all kinds of voodoos, installing code built with the Symbian^3 SDK, attempting to copy the missing libraries to the S60 3rd FP2 SDK. It will probably compile, just I would not expect that it is also going to work. But you can try, it will not hurt neither you, nor the phone.

Thank you for your answer. I've an idea... but I don't know if it's good.... These two libraries are not present in Symbian 3rd Edition SDK... but is it possible that customapi.lib and etelmm.lib were present in E55 PDK? Is there this possibility? How can I see this? THANK YOU!

They are certainly present in S60 3rd FP2 (since their respective .dll-s are present in older S60 3rd edition SDK-s too), just there is no such thing available as S60 3rd FP2 PDK. This is where FN Technical Support comes into the picture, they have the authority to deliver those libraries for you.

Ok... I understand! So a 3rd Edition FP2 PDK does not exist but... sorry for the question... what does the presence of the dll-s in 3rd editions sdk-s means?

I mean the emulator. It needs and thus, contains practically every .dll file which would be present on the device. And if you look around in epoc32\release\winscw\udeb, you will find both customapi.dll and etelmm.dll, so they are part of the platform for older devices too.

So..... customapi.lib and etelmm.lib was platform api and not public api at the time of 3rd edition FP2. I couldn't use 3rd ed FP2 SDK because of this and because doesn't exist a 3rd ed PDK. Now, at the time of Symbian^3, these libraries become public. But I can't use them on E55 (only in nokia n8...). If you were in my situation, what you will going to do? (last question). Thank you very much!!!