Discussion Board

creating a slideshow with downloaded images

Hello, can anyone give me advice on how to create a slide-show from downloaded images. The application am working on, connects to a website and downloads the images. Am now trying to create a slide-show from the images. any ideas?

thanks

Super Contributor

Re: creating a slideshow with downloaded images

Quote Originally Posted by iparrot View Post
    Hello, can anyone give me advice on how to create a slide-show from downloaded images. The application am working on, connects to a website and downloads the images. Am now trying to create a slide-show from the images. any ideas?

thanks
    Just create the array of the images and draw the each image after a fix amount of the time lets say 3 seconds...
    From this array draw the image on the index and keep on increasing the index after this fix time interval.And then reset the timer.when the counter reaches the limit of array just reinitialize the counter by 0

As far as the animations are concern that depends upon you that how innovative you are and how much you can implement.
    Check this example,
    http://j2me.astrientlabs.com/appdetails.html?id=5
    Last edited by raj_J2ME; 2010-05-05 at 05:57. Reason: Grammer
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Quote Originally Posted by raj_J2ME View Post
    Just create the array of the images and draw the each image after a fix amount of the time lets say 3 seconds...
    From this array draw the image on the index and keep on increasing the index after this fix time interval.And then reset the timer.when the counter reaches the limit of array just reinitialize the counter by 0

As far as the animations are concern that depends upon you that how innovative you are and how much you can implement.
    Check this example,
    http://j2me.astrientlabs.com/appdetails.html?id=5
    Thanks for the response.
    You mentioned animations, is that not the same thing as the solution you gave. Would i have to create a record store for this application?

Nokia Developer Champion

for storage, you can either save downloaded images to the file system or in a record store. it depends on your application demands, and on the architecture of your application.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the response.
    You mentioned animations, is that not the same thing as the solution you gave. Would i have to create a record store for this application?
    Well i am not much clear what are you asking for?
    However if you are looking for these images for the future reference then you can save the same in RMS else not required.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Nokia Developer Champion

well the solution raj-j2me gave was a high-level solution, as in a description of how you COULD implement it...
    regarding the animations he is just stating that you should decide yourself what kind of animations you would like to implement (some are more difficult to code than other ones) : as in there is no standard J2ME API for that so either you have to code the animations yourself or find some 3rd party API which supports them (like LWUIT or otherwise yyou could have a look on the Wiki where Jappit wrote some tutorials about some simple animations, he also created a library for that purpose)...

Quote Originally Posted by raj_J2ME View Post
    Well i am not much clear what are you asking for?
    However if you are looking for these images for the future reference then you can save the same in RMS else not required.
    no, the images will not be stored for future reference because the application pulls the images from the website when the user request so(i guess that will be using too much resources!), only case will most probably be when the user wants to save a particular image, which i guess i might need the record store.

@Tiger79
    thanks for the information. would have a look at that and probable try LWUIT if it fits.

Super Contributor

1. no, the images will not be stored for future reference because the application pulls the images from the website when the user request so(i guess that will be using too much resources!), only case will most probably be when the user wants to save a particular image, which i guess i might need the record store.

2. @Tiger79
    thanks for the information. would have a look at that and probable try LWUIT if it fits.
    1. Well in that case you just follow the simple rules and draw the images.AFA the animations are concern then you could have a look over the web and try to find the best animations for your app and then probably combined some ideas and the get it done.However if you are a innovative guy then you rather think yourself and tryo to implement.For any concern here the community to help.

AS tiger suggested that you could take a look over the LWUIT, and it is really a good customization API and it can realy help your app to get a good look.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l