Discussion Board

Thread: BigInteger

Question BigInteger

Hi,

I need to develop an email client for Nokia N95 8GB. For this email client I need to use BigInteger. I've looked in to the S60_3rd_MIDP_SDK_FP1 classes but I haven't found a BigInteger. This class is available in CDC v1.1 but as I have seen, my device does not support it.

So if anyone knows how to work with BigInteger on a S60 device would it be so kind to tell how to do it

Super Contributor

Re: BigInteger

Welcome to Forum Nokia!

No, the class doesn't exist in CLDC. You would need to provide your own implementation.

I'm a little curious as to why you need BigInteger for an email client...? Perhaps there is an alternative solution.

Graham.

I want to make a research about how client puzzles can improve the spam detection without affecting the performance of mobile email clients. So for that I need to perform huge prime numbers calculus. I have discovered BouncyCastle, I hope that i will manage to work with the BigInteger class available in their packages.

Super Contributor

Remember that you are not allowed to have a class in your application in any package begining with java. or javax. If you do, the device will reject the application as invalid. You need to obfuscate your application, to remove the package names.

Graham.