Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

SQLite+Device Support

Hello,

I am considering to use Qt for my next Symbian app instead of Symbian C++. The app has to be compatible with a wide range of S60 (3rd Edition and newer) devices.
    In the release notes I read that Qt is not compatible with the N96. Are there other incompatible devices (also from other vendors than Nokia)?

My second question is regarding SQLite: since Symbian 9.4 SQLite support is built in. Is SQLite built into Qt, or has it just a wrapper. In other words: is it possible to read/write/update sqllite databases from Qt on devices that do not have built in SQLite support (e.g. like the N95)? If no, is there a workaround?

Regards,

Re: SQLite+Device Support

Quote Originally Posted by pixsta View Post
    Hello,

I am considering to use Qt for my next Symbian app instead of Symbian C++. The app has to be compatible with a wide range of S60 (3rd Edition and newer) devices.
    In the release notes I read that Qt is not compatible with the N96. Are there other incompatible devices (also from other vendors than Nokia)?
    Qt for Symbian does not support pure 3rd edition devices, but 3rd edition FP1 devices and newer. In addition N78 PR1 release require firmware update in order to get Qt working on them. Also on some devices disk space available in C drive may limit possibilities to install Qt for Symbian.

My second question is regarding SQLite: since Symbian 9.4 SQLite support is built in. Is SQLite built into Qt, or has it just a wrapper. In other words: is it possible to read/write/update sqllite databases from Qt on devices that do not have built in SQLite support (e.g. like the N95)? If no, is there a workaround?
    Qt for Symbian comes with complete SQLite backend, i.e. it will work also in devices which do not have SQLite support build.in. The sqlite backend which comes with Qt for Symbian is basically backported fromSymbian 9.4. If device has build-in SQLite support it will be used instead of backported version.