Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

Packaging Qt application

I am going to package a application developed by Qt 4.6.2 using MADDE.

When I execute the 'mad qmake' command, no message return.

When I execute the 'mad make' command, it returns "make: Nothing to be done for `first'".

When I execute the 'mad dpkg-buildpackage', it returns an error "...tail: cannot open `debian/changelog' for reading: No such file or directory".

I find that this error occur due to missing of the folder `debian', and I find a document from http://wiki.maemo.org/Packaging_a_Qt_application telling that the "dh_make" command can debianize the source archive.

But when I execute it in MADDE, it returns the error "command not found".

Can anyone tell me how to execute this command?

Super Contributor

Re: Packaging Qt application

MADDE doesn't have dh_make, on MADDE you use
    Code:
    mad pscreate -t qt_simple myprojectname
    to produce Debian package from the template.
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...DDE_on_Windows
    http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE/Qt_Example

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    MADDE doesn't have dh_make, on MADDE you use
    Code:
    mad pscreate -t qt_simple myprojectname
    to produce Debian package from the template.
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...DDE_on_Windows
    http://wiki.maemo.org/MADDE/Qt_Example
    But this command is used to create the sample project from the templates, and the 'Debian' folder is already exist.

My question is that I have created a project with Qt for windows, there is no 'Debian' folder. How I run the 'mad dpkg-buildpackage' in this case?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wktsang1 View Post
    But this command is used to create the sample project from the templates, and the 'Debian' folder is already exist.

My question is that I have created a project with Qt for windows, there is no 'Debian' folder. How I run the 'mad dpkg-buildpackage' in this case?
    The name of the folder is debian, everything is case sensitive on Unix/Linux. debian folder contains information about package and it's produced either by
    mad pscreate or by dh_make or manually.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by divanov View Post
    The name of the folder is debian, everything is case sensitive on Unix/Linux. debian folder contains information about package and it's produced either by
    mad pscreate or by dh_make or manually.
    Sorry I am still not understand how to create the debian folder. Now I find a 'stupid' way to generate the project package but still have problem.

First I run the command "mad pscreate -t qt_simple testing", the 'testing' folder is created with the sample project with the debian folder. Then I delete all files in this folder except the debian & data folder, and copy all files/folder from my existing project to the 'testing' folder.

In this case I can run the 'mad dpkg-buildpackage' command, and it can generate the DEB file in the parent folder. There is no error to install it in the mobile, but I cannot find my application in the program file.

I have check all files in the debian folder, but still find no hint, please help

Super Contributor

Sorry I am still not understand how to create the debian folder.
    It's produced either by mad pscreate or by dh_make or manually.

Then I delete all files in this folder except the debian & data folder, and copy all files/folder from my existing project to the 'testing' folder.
    Normally you copy your files to src folder. Otherwise you need to modify qtprog.pro appropriately.

In this case I can run the 'mad dpkg-buildpackage' command, and it can generate the DEB file in the parent folder. There is no error to install it in the mobile, but I cannot find my application in the program file.
    What is the program file?