Discussion Board

[Moved]registration window closes itself

I installed Carbide SDK two months ago and I tried the HelloWorld app. Everything worked well. Today I'm trying to continue and run the HelloWorld app again, but over the emulator window is displayed the registration window. So I had to generate serial key and ran the app again. But registration window closes itself very quickly without any notification. So I can't to input my serial key and I can't to run any app. I tried to reinstall, but nothing helps. Help pls.
    Last edited by Shaolin81; 2010-05-10 at 15:14.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: registration window closes itself

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin81 View Post
    I installed Carbide SDK two months ago and I tried the HelloWorld app. Everything worked well. Today I'm trying to continue and run the HelloWorld app again, but over the emulator window is displayed the registration window. So I had to generate serial key and ran the app again. But registration window closes itself very quickly without any notification. So I can't to input my serial key and I can't to run any app. I tried to reinstall, but nothing helps. Help pls.
    Here are some suggestions: http://www.forum.nokia.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=198425

Re: registration window closes itself [Solved]

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Thank you, the cause was that I was connected to my computer with Remote Desktop. I have broken my leg so I was not able to test it before.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin81 View Post
    Thank you, the cause was that I was connected to my computer with Remote Desktop. I have broken my leg so I was not able to test it before.
    Well even in remote desktop you can get it working. In the setting (somewhere), set the sounds from the remote desktop to the option 'leave it at the remote desktop' kind of setting. It iwll work :)

and aah..get on you feet fast..get well soon!! :)

Moving your thread as this is not concerned with Carbide. Its SDK/emulator issue. Carbide is an IDE only and not an SDK

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Well even in remote desktop you can get it working. In the setting (somewhere), set the sounds from the remote desktop to the option 'leave it at the remote desktop' kind of setting. It iwll work :)

and aah..get on you feet fast..get well soon!! :)

Moving your thread as this is not concerned with Carbide. Its SDK/emulator issue. Carbide is an IDE only and not an SDK
    Great, you're right. Thank you!