Discussion Board

Exclamation Packaging Themes to Satisfy OVI Store Criteria

Hello Nokia support

The OVI Store QA guidelines have recently changed for theme submissions (see link below).

http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/ovi-publisher-alert

They will now only accept themes that are packaged with the latest Carbide.ui software. Up to now, I have been packaging the 3rd Edition themes with no issues whatsoever. In the previous versions of Carbide.ui (i.e. version 3.4), when you come to package your theme file, one .sis file will satisfy all devices featured in the 3rd Edition initial release, Feature Pack 1 and Feature Pack 2 ranges.

I have now started using Carbide.ui theme edition 2.0, and I've installed all of the latest plug-ins. When I come to package my theme files now, I have to specify the platform I wish to target. This raises some major issues.

• A theme packaged with FP2 will install on FP1 & FP2 devices but NOT on initial releases (i.e. N73)
    • A theme packaged with FP1 will install on FP1, FP2 and initial release devices (this may fail the OVI Store QA process)

If I was to compile the theme as a FP1 package (using FP2 base graphics) would this pass the QA process?

Kind regards

Pixeltheme

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Packaging Themes to Satisfy OVI Store Criteria

A theme packaged with FP1 will install on FP1, FP2 and initial release devices (this may fail the OVI Store QA process)
    Yes, a theme packaged with the S60 3.0 and 3.1 Plug-in but submitted to the store for 3rd Edition FP2 devices will most likely fail QA.

If I was to compile the theme as a FP1 package (using FP2 base graphics) would this pass the QA process?
    Since this theme also gets packaged with the S60 3.0 and 3.1 Plug-in, if it is targeted at S60 3.2 devices, it will also fail QA.

In general, it is best to generate a different SIS using the specific plug-in for each platform.