Discussion Board

Thread: Sales Reports

Sales Reports

Hi,

Is there any way to see when the reports where last updated ?

My first content has appeared on the OVI Store 2 days ago, and I still see reports with no download. I would like to know if it's just because it wasn't updated, or if nobody bought my application.

Is this information available somewhere (ex: Reports were last updated May 12th 2010 at 12h00) ?

Thanks,
    Jérôme

Regular Contributor

Re: Sales Reports

Quote Originally Posted by fkmtc View Post
    Hi,
    Is there any way to see when the reports where last updated ?
    Is this information available somewhere (ex: Reports were last updated May 12th 2010 at 12h00) ?
    No. Other publishers have asked for this feature to be added but it's not available.

Estimated sales are being updated at present; I'm afraid you probably had no sales.

Sales on Ovi are extremely low. See this thread.

spol: please dont post false and missleading information that you are not sure of.
    i understand that you are not happy with ovi but your critic is anything but constructive, im not 100% happy with ovi too as a publisher but i understand the effort they are doing in trying to improve it.

fkmtc: ovi reports are (if no bugs/downtime at a certain time point) updated to the previous day (i.e. updated every 24h, HOWEVER if you had bother to perform a simple search in this forum insted of posting first you would have found out that since your content was just published 2 days ago there is a 7 days (+-) period for new content untill first report has to be generated, (my guess its because of their last 7 days sales feature).

Regular Contributor

I'm sorry but I didn't know that there was an 7 day period before reports are generated. I never experienced any such delay and was unaware of the delay. This is a genuine mistake.

It would be helpful Shaii, if you posted a link to the original source of this data. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shaii View Post
    fkmtc: ovi reports are (if no bugs/downtime at a certain time point) updated to the previous day (i.e. updated every 24h, HOWEVER if you had bother to perform a simple search in this forum insted of posting first you would have found out that since your content was just published 2 days ago there is a 7 days (+-) period for new content untill first report has to be generated, (my guess its because of their last 7 days sales feature).
    Hi,

I have been looking at this forum for several weeks before starting the whole publishing process. I have looked for the reporting problem and seen a lot of people saying it was late (or droping sales, etc). I have seen nowhere that it was delayed for 7 days for the first time, not even on the official website.

The official website states that it is updated every 24 hours, and it's been more than 48, that's why I asked the question.

Now, with your kind answer, I will wait for another 5-6 days to see if something comes up. If nothing appears in the next 7 days (that would be around 10 days), then I'll send them a mail. If I have statistics before, I'll update this post for other people.

Thanks for your answers,
    Jérôme

In my situation first statistics came after 7 days

Hi,

Just an update to tell you that sales reports have started 7 days after it appeared on the OVI Store, as mentioned by shaii.

Thanks for your help,
    Jérôme

Super Contributor

Some news re this:
    Dear Ovi Publisher,

Ovi Publish Reporting has under reported downloads since May 17th. Please be assured all of the download data for your content remains intact.

We are working to deploy necessary system changes to repopulate the data, and we regret any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your patience as we work to solve the problem.

Should you have any questions please contact Publisher Support at publishtoovi.support@nokia.com.

Sincerely,

Ovi Support Team

Promote your Ovi Store App on the web now!

http://promotions.ovi.com/omt

The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Hi,

I have received the same thing... but I still think that not so many people buy my application, because I have *some* data from time to time, and some days: nothing.

Regards,
    Jérôme

Super Contributor

Hi,
    one day, we will need to implement a sales/dl tracker of our own.

This permanent stat fuckups are going on my nerves colossally.

In the mean time, all we can do is wait.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    My other blogs:

Ovi store is one of the most bewildering pieces of software I've ever seen. So many weird behaviours, so many downtimes, so many excuses, strange explanations, apologies.

At the heart of the problem are:

• Offline report generation (what this thread is pretty much about) - this is a concept from the '80ties! Hint to Ovi developers - look up hadoop and map reduce.
    • Disconnect between the developer and the end user - there is no way to provide support to end users, respond to comments or alike.
    • Operators are rampant with fees up to 50% per download

Fix these and you've fixed Ovi.

Nokia Developer Champion

Wink Re: Sales Reports

fkmtc: I suggest you buy your own application and see how much time it take to appear in your reports.

You absolutely SHOULD do this in order to live the user experience and plan your marketing material accordingly.

Alejandro.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by MWillits View Post
    Ovi store is one of the most bewildering pieces of software I've ever seen. So many weird behaviours, so many downtimes, so many excuses, strange explanations, apologies.

At the heart of the problem are:

• Offline report generation (what this thread is pretty much about) - this is a concept from the '80ties! Hint to Ovi developers - look up hadoop and map reduce.
    • Disconnect between the developer and the end user - there is no way to provide support to end users, respond to comments or alike.
    • Operators are rampant with fees up to 50% per download

Fix these and you've fixed Ovi.
    And pigs shall take off and fly.

Forget FIXING Ovi. Live with what you get, and then you will maybe thrive.
    My other blogs:

As far as I know, sales reports should have started 7 days after it appeared on the OVI Store
    My person replica watches website http://www.watcheslux.com

Quote Originally Posted by brianbestwish View Post
    As far as I know, sales reports should have started 7 days after it appeared on the OVI Store
    Hi,

It did appear 7 days after.

The only thing is that it is very low, I have tried to buy an application myself and it didn't appear in the reports (NO buy from France at all), and I received a mail from OVI saying that they have issues with reporting...

So they have a problem for now, and the only thing we can do is wait.

Regards,
    Jérôme