Discussion Board

Is Web Runtime Widget + Silent Install of APIBridge Possible?

Hi,

I've read the blog post entitled "Build your first Web Runtime widget with APIBridge" here:

http://www.jappit.com/blog/2010/02/0...ith-apibridge/

and it's almost exactly what I am looking for except I would like the APIBridge to install silently and I am trying to find out if it's possible to achieve this or not.

In the example, the installation prompts the user to install the APIBridge then prompts the user to install the app itself. I am looking for a solution where there is only one prompt (for the app itself) and the APIBridge is installed silently but so far I have failed to find a way of doing this - I don't know if it's even possible.

The closest I have found to a solution is decribed in Technical Solution TSS001567 here:

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...dialog_prompts

This lets me install muliple SIS files silently but it doesn't seem to work for WRT widgets. I am guessing that WRT widgets use a different installer altogether? If so, can this installer support silent install?

I would really appreciate any feedback on this. Firstly, does anyone know if it is *even* possible to silently install WRT apps that have APIBridge embedded? If so, any pointers or references to examples would be a great help.

I am an experienced C++ developer and have done a bit of Symbian development so I am happy to get my hands dirty implementing a solution for this but I currently have no idea even if it's possible so any pointers would help me out a great deal!

Thanks in advance,
    Paul Drummond.

Super Contributor

Re: Is Web Runtime Widget + Silent Install of APIBridge Possible?

Hello pdrummond, and welcome to the discussion board!

Seems you have studied quite a lot this matter already, and I am afraid I do not have a direct solution for you in being able to silently install the API bridge.

At the moment, what you know is the current situation how the APIBridge package is being distributed and installed. If it is not already installed on the device, then user needs to accept the process of installing it. That is how I understand the current status for this component.

I'll try to find out if there is anything more I could add, but otherwise this is the situation at the time of writing.

Best Regards,
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]

Re: Is Web Runtime Widget + Silent Install of APIBridge Possible?

Hi all ,
    I want to write a widget that first take a photo and then upload it to a server . I use platform service 2 to take a picture and it return a picture path correctly,but I have a problem using APIBridge.fileUpload method . It failed with error:404.
    I can't find a solution. The problem is driving me mad ? Do you have any suggestions?
    Thanks a lot