*PlatSec* ERROR - Capability check failed -

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me in which conditions this error is seen
    Thanks,
    BR,
    priykuma

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: *PlatSec* ERROR - Capability check failed -

Can you tell where you have seen this error and what was the rest of the message?

I'm guessing that you are developing a Symbian C++ app stub for running a Flash animation within it. That's nice, but whether you like it or not that means that you are developing (or at least building) a Symbian C++ app, so you should post related problems in the Symbian C++ forums, where you can get help from those who know what Symbian C++ does and how.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I m trying to load a SWF using AS3 command URLRequest("Link") through web-browser.
    where, "Link" is that of a SWF on a server. Protocol I use to get it is HTTPS.
    something like: "https:\\www.someserver\abcd.swf"
    I get this error when I load such a swf.

Thanks,
    Priyanka

You still have not answered my question though ... Where was this displayed and what was the rest of the message?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Hi,

I a, not developing any stub app. Its a simple swf(opened in a web browser), inside I am trying to load another swf which is present on some server.
    the complete message is
    *PlatSec* ERROR - Capability check failed - A Message (function number=0xffffffff) from Thread Web[10008d39]0001::JavaCommsClient-10000-0x04674b48-282475249, sent to Server java-comms-10000, was checked by Thread javacaptain.exe[200211dc]0001::

Thanks,
    priykuma

Somehow I feel that something is still left out and that there should be more info in that message.
    It is a Platform Security debug info (Symbian OS specific stuff, not flash related) and you should only be able to see this kind of errors in the %temp%\epocwind.out log file, if the emulator was configured to enforce platform security rules (non enforced by default). The rest of the message should explain what exactly was wrong with that message sent by the browser to the java server, but it is missing.

Try to disable that enforcement and see if it would allow your application to run. Then try on a device as well.
    -- Lucian