Discussion Board

Smile Can we get all the contacts present in the Blackberry phone using PIM functionality

Hello Guys,

I need to develop an application which should support devices like Bold 9700, Pearl, Storm and Blackberry Curve 8900. If i go for j2me / MIDP, what will be the limitations that i will face in blackberry ? Is it recommended to go for j2me or RIM-Specific development to the device.

Can we get all the contacts present in the Blackberry phone using PIM functionality i.e JSR 75 and other native functions if develop an application in the j2me for blackberry. I guess the user interface will look quite different, but can we support all the controls that JDE supports ?

Can someone please tell me whether i can get access to all the contacts present in the Blackberry phone using " javax.microedition.pim " API - which is not RIM specific. Has anyone tried this one practically on the phone or emulator ?

Is there anything like a website where i can test my application on Blackberry devices like in Nokia Forum Sites ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raki

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Can we get all the contacts present in the Blackberry phone using PIM functionali

Hello Raki,

and welcome to Forum Nokia Discussion Boards!

Regarding your questions, please note that these discussion board forums are mainly about Java Runtime on Nokia platforms (Series 40 and Symbian), so in case of lack of responses it could be also good to ask about these topics in BlackBerry's developer forums.

Regards,
    r2j7
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]

Super Contributor

Re: Can we get all the contacts present in the Blackberry phone using PIM functionali

You can find the BlackBerry Developer Zone here.

Graham.