Discussion Board

Sending encrypted data through SMS, the last step i need to finish my app

Hello.

This is the last thing i need to finish my app,help!

I am trying to send an SMS with a personal code, not the ascii code.

Everething goes well, but when i send the SMS , the SMS that is in the Sent folder , not is the same that is in the Inbox folder.

Why is modified and where? Why the copy i have in the sent folder does not match the SMS that come to the inbox?

I have been investigating,and i see that the characters that change from the sent version to the inbox version, are the characters that a code that is not representable, low codes like 2,9 or 16 for example.This characters are replaced in the inbox by an '?' , and then the format of the message is corrupted

How can prevent the SO not to change no representable ascii codes by an '?' ?

Thanks

Sending encrypted data through SMS, the last step i need to finish my app

Hello.

This is the last thing i need to finish my app,help!

I am trying to send an SMS with a personal code, not the ascii code.

Everething goes well, but when i send the SMS , the SMS that is in the Sent folder , not is the same that is in the Inbox folder.

Why is modified and where? Why the copy i have in the sent folder does not match the SMS that come to the inbox?

I have been investigating,and i see that the characters that change from the sent version to the inbox version, are the characters that a code that is not representable, low codes like 2,9 or 16 for example.This characters are replaced in the inbox by an '?' , and then the format of the message is corrupted

How can prevent the SO not to change no representable ascii codes by an '?' ?

Thanks

May I start to develop the same app as you I want an app to send encrypted sms. Of course i need an 8 bit sms too. Normally a SMS will sent by an 7 bit Ascii table. But ive done some tests with 8 bit SMS. I planed to use the CSendAppUi App to open the SMS Editor with the encoded text. An other advantage, in this way i can profit from the standard spliting and combine function.
    Any way, to answer your question. If i insert an character witch is not in the standard 7 Bit ascii table, the 7650 automatically switch to the 8 bit mode. So you can assign every 256 character a value to send 8 bit with one character. (or youse the standard acscii value, its a little bit simpler
    May some provider doesen't support 8 bit sms. But keep in mind, in the 8 bit mode, you only got 140 characters!
    It would be an hugh easement to program my app, if you could send me your source from your app. Naturally you would get a copy of my finished application if you have use for it

But how can i select to be send as 7bit sms, or 8bit sms?