Hi, I have this piece of code:

//lee el fichero y lo mete en el DOM
    QFile f("c:/fichaAPI.xml");
    QFile nuevo("c:/nuevo.txt");
    nuevo.open(QIODevice::WriteOnly|QIODevice::Text);
    if(!f.open(QIODevice::ReadOnly | QIODevice::Text)){
    qDebug("imposible to open the file");
    } else qDebug("open:-)");

To read a xml from a local file. It works on the simulator but do not find the file fichaAPI.xml in the device :-?
    I create the "nuevo" file to be sure of the directory. I do not know if it is created or not (not in c:\ when working in the device).
    If I show the current path in the device (using QDrive and a label) it is c:/private/ee7f... I can see in the explorer c:/Private (connecting the phone as a mass stroge)but NOT the last folder (ee7f...)....
    IT'S SO FRUSTRATING!!!
    Where is everybody??

please help

Super Contributor

Re: 5800 local files

Drop the "C" from the file specification (just use ":/fichaAPI.xml") if you want to locate the file in the application's private directory.

Hi Danhicksbyron, thanks for the reply, but the point is different, maybe I didn't explained well.
    I Wrote the xml and I copyed it to the phone, so the .sys can read it. BUT the sys never finds it despite I explicty put the whole path (and avoid the private).
    If I try to create a file ( in c:\) later it is not where it is suposed to be. Only in the device cause in the simulator it works great.

I hope now it is more clear
    Thanks again

Super Contributor

Yeah, I'm not finding files where one would expect them on the N97 either. There's something going on that isn't well-documented.

Super Contributor

I just figured out that the visible portion of the C: drive, as viewed by Windows Explorer of the File Manager, is located in "C:/Data" (at least on the N97). This means that you need to pre-pend "C:/Data/" to any file reference on the C: drive. (Not sure about the other drives, but I suspect the same.)

Regular Contributor

c:\data is the directory what PC/Ovi-Suite sees. Idea is the same as in My Documents in MS Windows.
    You are not supposed to see or get your hands to anything other than document files.

Your applications configuration files should be put to c:\system\data if global or c:\private\<SID> if not usefull to other apps.

Problem is that you need to have allFiles signed filebrowser to see them and use sis files to deploy and your own custom app to extract (or use the browser to copy them over to c:\data and then Ovi-suite).

One more thing about c:\data , that directory is being indexed all the time for new media files so you want to avoid writing anything volatile into it.

Now it works ! :_)
    thanks th both