Discussion Board

Hybrid View

How to turn off/on the Nokia display using ActionScript in Flash Lite?

How to turn off/on the Nokia display using ActionScript in Flash Lite? If such command is not provided by Flash Lite, maybe it is available to use external script via fscommand? Where can I get this script?

Thank you.

Re: How to turn off/on the Nokia display using ActionScript in Flash Lite?

And one more thing. It is also important to keep flash working and sensitive for pressing buttons when display is off.

Quote Originally Posted by zefik View Post
    And one more thing. It is also important to keep flash working and sensitive for pressing buttons when display is off.
    - I'm searching for this exact same answer. To me it seems like something that is pretty critical to app development across the board. I have a post labeled "flashlite timer issue". Hopefully someone out there will be kind enough to show us the trick!

you could put a black movieclip over the hole aplication screensaver like...

I know that this is not turning off the backlit...
    http://m.shpe.ro
    http://work.shpe.ro
    http://purchase.shpe.ro/iPics

If you mean the Backlight, then there is a command to set the backlight duration.
    It is a fscommand, it will turn down the display lights and can wake up to button presses.
    Twitter - manikantan_k
    Just in --

Thank you manikantan for specifying the term. I didn't know how to call this light before.

Code:
    FSCommand2("ExtendBacklightDuration", [duration in seconds])

"If duration is zero, the backlight behavior immediately (!)REVERTS TO THE DEFAULT BEHAVIOR."

Therefore "ExtendBacklightDuration" command is usable if developer want to PREVENT turning off the backlight automatically. But, as it was mentioned in quote, this command is absolutely useless when developer want to turn the backlight off.

So my problem is to:

1 - switch the backlight off(make the display invisible and out of power supply).

2 - Provide this state(backlight off) untill the script command to switch it on. If some button will be pressed until the script command to turn it on - backlight though should stay off. But script must stay active and sensitive for buttons through the long time.

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: How to turn off/on the Nokia display using ActionScript in Flash Lite?

Well! i think you have two options :
    1- Embed your swf into a WRT, than u can enable javascript and simply call js function to turn backlight off . M sure u know how to call javascript functions from Flash , it is something like this :
    Code:
    getURL("javascript::note('Hi ! it is working')");
    Note: You have to export ur swf under "Access Network Only" settings to use JS.
    2- You have to get use of a 3rd party local server written in other languages like Flyer (Pys60), BeMyLips (Pys60), Janus Symbian (Symbian C++) etc.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft