Discussion Board

how to write vCard and smart poster bookmark in mifare tag

Hi,

I am developing a midlet to write the vCard and smart poster bookmark url to write on mifare tag.I am able to write a image and read the same but not sure how I can write vCard and bookmark url on tag.Can any one help me out ? if any one has sample code for this it would be very helpful..

thanks in advance,
    Asif

Re: how to write vCard and smart poster bookmark in mifare tag

Hallo Asif,

have a look at the sample code in the Forum Wiki. NFC URLWriter is an example that shows how to write NDEF data onto an NDEF compatible tag.

br,
    Michael

Hi Michael,
    Thanks for your reply.Any idea about how to write vCard in the tag and also SMS text in the tag for smartposter so that SMS will get intiated upon touching the tag with NFC phone.

rgds,
    Asif

Quote Originally Posted by skasifali View Post
    Any idea about how to write vCard in the tag and also SMS text in the tag for smartposter so that SMS will get intiated upon touching the tag with NFC phone.
    Have a look at the NFC Forum specifications. You will want to take a look at the NFC Data Exchange Format (NDEF) Technical Specification, the NFC Record Type Definition (RTD) Technical Specification, the Smart Poster Record Type Definition Technical Specification, the NFC URI Record Type Definition Technical Specification and the NFC Text Record Type Definition Technical Specification.

For the vCard you will use a MIME type NDEF record with the MIME type text/x-vcard.

For the SMS: A smartposter record is a container for multiple records. Among them is exactly one URI record. The URI for an SMS message will look something like: sms:<TELEPHONENUMBER>?body=<TEXT MESSAGE>. Besides the URI record your smartposter record will most likely also contain a text record (aka title record) that describes the reason for this SMS.

br,
    Michael

Thanks for information

regards,
    asif