Discussion Board

flash widget bugs

Hello,

I've been working through the tutorials for packaging a flashlite app as a widget. I was real excited as this seems SO SO much simpler than the SIS signing.

The device I'm using is a nokia 5230 (same as 5800 as I understand it).

It seems that when trying to interact with the flash app after it's installed as a widget does not produce the same behavior as interacting with the swf in the stand-alone flashlite player. This is a touch app, and it's rendered relatively useless as when you click to interact, the phone browser starts scrolling the container with a blue neon 1pixel border. I've tried both the html container with javascript to set fullscreen and disable soft keys (it still isn't true fullscreen as the flash app doesn't seem to have focus). I've also tried direct-play without the html without any luck.

Has anyone been able to get a fullscreen flash widget to work? If so I'd be immensely grateful if you could provide some tips!

Cheers!
    -mobiman

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: flash widget bugs

Make sure that ur main.html has the correct resolution set for flash object . The setting work fine for me on N97 mini and 5800 (with softkeys disabled i.e window.menu.hideSoftkeys(); ) are :
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553548000" width="360" height="640" id="MyFlash" align="center">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="MyFlash.swf" />
    <param name="loop" value="false" />
    <param name="menu" value="false" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="scale" value="noborder" />
    <param name="wmode" value="opaque" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
    <embed src="MyFlash.swf" loop="false" menu="false" quality="high" wmode="opaque" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="360" height="640" name="Finish" align="center" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
    </object>
    Moreover, yes it is very much known issue that the flash content embeds into a WRT is somewhat slow in interactivity than the flash content packaged as a SIS.But i don't get any scrolling if i set the resolution as discussed above.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Re: flash widget bugs

Thanks for the prompt reply SajiSoft. I've confirmed the resolutions settings and I still see the bug. I just changed the swf name from your object block:

Code:
    <!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">

<head>

<style type="text/css">
        @import url("main.css");
      </style>

</head>

<body>

<script type="text/javascript">
       window.menu.hideSoftkeys();
    </script>

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553548000" width="360" height="640" id="MyFlash" align="center">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="aetimer.swf" />
    <param name="loop" value="false" />
    <param name="menu" value="false" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="scale" value="noborder" />
    <param name="wmode" value="opaque" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
    <embed src="aetimer.swf" loop="false" menu="false" quality="high" wmode="opaque" bgcolor="#000000" width="360" height="640" name="Finish" align="center" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
    </object> 

</body>
    </html>
    Do you mind if I ask what version of firmware you're running on the Nokia 5800?
    I also see it in my N95.

Thanks for your help.

-mobiman

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mobimanohya View Post
    Do you mind if I ask what version of firmware you're running on the Nokia 5800?
    My 5800 FW is v21.0.025.Add one more statment after window.menu.hideSoftkeys(); i.e\
    Code:
    window.widget.setNavigationEnabled(false);
    It may help u in this case. Moreover, i write down the following test widget which is working fine (no scrolling) on my device N97 mini and 5800, try it urself :
    MyFlashWidget.wgz

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Tried adding:
    Code:
    window.widget.setNavigationEnabled(false);
    No luck unfortunately, still the weird focus /scroll wiggle. It's really weird it's like the holder is 2 pixels to wide and high and it scrolls around that extra space, making focus for touch drag events in flash non functional and button presses pretty glitch too.

I tried your flash and while it's hard to see the 1pixel border due to the background color of your app I think it's still there. I can see the same scrolling / focus issue. Can I ask you if you see this: When you run your flash widget and click the green button, if you drag your finger around the app, sort of in a small circle, do you see the flash lite content itself sort of wiggle a few pixels up / left / right / down?

It could be something fixed in the new firmware. I'm running 12.8.095. Unfortunately my nokia 5230 product code isn't eligible to the europe update yet. I can't wait for it. Kinda sucky how it's released at different times around the globe.

Actually, can I ask you if they addressed the scrolling touch issue in the messaging app in the new firmware? I looked it up but it just said touch functionality improved.

Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,

-mobiman

Nokia Developer Champion

I tried your flash and while it's hard to see the 1pixel border due to the background color of your app I think it's still there. I can see the same scrolling / focus issue. Can I ask you if you see this: When you run your flash widget and click the green button, if you drag your finger around the app, sort of in a small circle, do you see the flash lite content itself sort of wiggle a few pixels up / left / right / down?
    That makes sense and Yes! I can see a 1 px small border on 5800 and very small scroll which is not that easy to notice at first sight. May be there is a workaround to this issue, i will try some tricks on weekend.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

Ok good at least my phone isn't possessed Bad news is it's not something the new firmware will fix. Thank you for your continued support. I have my fingers crossed that we can find a workaround! I was thinking swfobject might work, as this looks a lot like the issue IE used to give embedding flash. Not sure if the browser on these devices will handle the swfobject code. I suppose it should. I'm also going to also look into the sis method - as this seems to be the only way to really get your apps on ovistore. It is a bit overwhelming though . I'm sure it just takes a while to get through then it all makes sense.

Can I ask you if they addressed the scrolling touch issue in the messaging app in your new 5800 new firmware? I'm referring to the block text select instead of drag scrolling. Or perhaps this is unique to the nokia 5230. I'm really hoping they address it as it's pretty bad UI bug. I looked it up but it just said touch functionality improved.

SajiSoft, you make the web a better place (forum nokia specifically) . Thanks for you time and patience.

Cheers,

-mobiman

Nokia Developer Champion

Can I ask you if they addressed the scrolling touch issue in the messaging app in your new 5800 new firmware? I'm referring to the block text select instead of drag scrolling. Or perhaps this is unique to the nokia 5230. I'm really hoping they address it as it's pretty bad UI bug. I looked it up but it just said touch functionality improved.
    I think u r asking about kinetic scrolling. Kinetic scrolling is supported in 5800 from FW : v40.0.05 .
    SajiSoft, you make the web a better place (forum nokia specifically) .
    Thanks

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft

if your app does not need widget APIs, you could open the swf like this:

Code:
    <script language=javascript>
    document.location='my.swf';
    </script>
    and the swf is opened in flashPlayer not under widget...

Quote Originally Posted by mobimanohya View Post
    Hello,

I've been working through the tutorials for packaging a flashlite app as a widget. I was real excited as this seems SO SO much simpler than the SIS signing.

The device I'm using is a nokia 5230 (same as 5800 as I understand it).

It seems that when trying to interact with the flash app after it's installed as a widget does not produce the same behavior as interacting with the swf in the stand-alone flashlite player. This is a touch app, and it's rendered relatively useless as when you click to interact, the phone browser starts scrolling the container with a blue neon 1pixel border. I've tried both the html container with javascript to set fullscreen and disable soft keys (it still isn't true fullscreen as the flash app doesn't seem to have focus). I've also tried direct-play without the html without any luck.

Has anyone been able to get a fullscreen flash widget to work? If so I'd be immensely grateful if you could provide some tips!

Cheers!
    -mobiman
    http://m.shpe.ro
    http://work.shpe.ro
    http://purchase.shpe.ro/iPics