here is a new scenario to have an application failing OVI QA.
I got an email about an application failing QA because on certain devices with specific firmwares the application close itself. This is clearly a Nokia device firmware bug since we just open the browser with a soft key with Flash Lite.
So would be nice to have the list of specific device firmwares in the device distribution so that we can still distribute the application but omit the specific firmware, or maybe QA can do that.
Also the devices that failed are some of the most common and new with the OVI Store:
- Nokia 5130 XpressMusic Firmware 06.94 -- the application closes unexpectedly
- Nokia 5610 XpressMusic Firmware 06.94 -- device is restarted
- Nokia 6303i classic Firmware 06.61 -- the application closes unexpectedly
- Nokia 6700 Classic Firmware 07.60 -- the application closes unexpectedly
- Nokia X3 Firmware 03.60 -- the application closes unexpectedly
Currently I opt out these devices from distribution which is not the best choice to me.
It's becoming a roller coaster trying to pass QA!!!