Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

edit phone contact list

is it possible edit phone contact list with app ??? like add or delete contact from list ???

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: edit phone contact list

Indeed, it is possible. If you happen to use S60 3rd FP1 or newer, the SDK already contains an example, which is called Contacts.
    And there is a downloadable one: Tools, Docs & Code above, Documentation, Symbian C++, PIM (= Personal Information Management), and something which contains the word 'Contact'.

Super Contributor

That thread is Java, this one is Symbian C++ - I would not count them as duplicates of the other.

Super Contributor

It depends on what technology the original poster intendes to use and on which phones; it is not unheard of for people to post in the totally wrong forums. ;-)

Regular Contributor

Hi , thanks for your answers
    i want to write an aplication for only one mobile device that whene given a bluetooth add it to contact list or delet from contact list
    i understand it`s not possible on java based phones , i shulde make it fo s60 phones

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Indeed, it is possible. If you happen to use S60 3rd FP1 or newer, the SDK already contains an example, which is called Contacts.
    And there is a downloadable one: Tools, Docs & Code above, Documentation, Symbian C++, PIM (= Personal Information Management), and something which contains the word 'Contact'.
    Hi i download this file and want to run it on emulator(Symbian3 SDK v0.8) i open .sis files on sis directory but this message shown whene i install : Requested application access not granted !!! can any body help me ???

The emulator and the devices run different executables, and as a rule of thumb you should always assume that .sis files are meant to be installed on a phone. You have to build that example in order to run it in the emulator.
    Otherwise let me introduce your SDK to you: C:\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian3_SDK_v0.8\examples\symbian\gui\Contacts - so it was not really necessary to download.