Discussion Board

Problems getting QT to work

I've been trying to install and get QT working for the past few days but every time I think I am getting somewhere it all goes pear shaped. I had tried using the video guides but that didnt work too well. I have since uninstalled everything and set about reinstalling it.

I am using Windows 7 and plan to program for Nokia phones in this case an E71 and I have been following this guide.

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...Qt_for_Symbian

However when I get up to this point "Install Qt for Symbian SDK" the "S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1" is greyed out and putting my mouse over it brings up "This will install Qt binaries into the selected SDK. Disabled items are not compatible with Qt for Symbian"

Am I doing something wrong here? I figured this might be normal behaviour and continued the install with choose additional folders highlighted instead and manually selected the SDK's folder.

Now I can compile things for the simulator and they seem to be fine but if I want an sis file I run into a lot of problems. Now I am just using default projects with no code entered into them. I have gone into build configurations and using both arm and gcce (seperately both give same error) set it to create the sis file from "N71_installer.pkg" which I have not edited in any way. I get three errors when I try to compile the code

Creation Time Description Resource Path Location Type
    1274420078895 Error : Cannot find file : C:/Qt/Workspace/N71/N71.sis N71 Unknown C/C++ Problem

1274420078969 makesis.exe returned with exit value = 1 N71 Unknown Carbide.c++ Build Problem

1274420078896 file I/O fault. N71_installer.pkg /N71 line 28 C/C++ Problem
    The line it dislikes is "C:/Qt/Workspace/N71/N71.sis" - "c:\adm\N71.sis"

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am trying to make a simple program but so far I get all kinds of show stopping errors. Have I installed it correctly? Is there some step missing in the guide I used, I am a little worried it may be a tad dated but couldnt find anything newer.

Super Contributor

Re: Problems getting QT to work

I've used this in the past and it's always worked -- supplied details missing from other sources: http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...tandalone_SDKs

However, they keep changing it (even moved/renamed it), so hard to say if it's still good.

Super Contributor

Re: Problems getting QT to work

There is also, of course, the Qt Creator based setup, described here:
    http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/in...Qt_Quick_Start

It's in beta, though, and still a bunch of bugs.