Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How to auto start application after closed that application?

Hi

I am able to auto start application after installation and after booting process.
    But, How to start after closed executed application?

In 2nd edition it's possible but how to implement in 3rd edition, because I working on 3rd edition FP1.

please guide me and help me.

Regards,
    SymbianTH

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: How to auto start application after closed that application?

you would need to have another process running that would re-start it, anyway, what would be the use case here ?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    you would need to have another process running that would re-start it, anyway, what would be the use case here ?
    Hi

I have one GUI application and one console application.

GUI Application Start console(EXE) application.
    Console application start the process of sending HTTP request (Using periodic timer) so after sending some request console application closed.

So when this console application is closed, need to again start application.

Regards,
    SymbianTH

Nokia Developer Expert

So what is the actual problem on starting the GUI before exiting the console ?

Nokia Developer Champion

well then launch it again from your GUI application when the http requests are done, What is the problem in it?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by vineet.jain View Post
    well then launch it again from your GUI application when the http requests are done, What is the problem in it?
    Yes It's true but,

If I am able to do auto start application after closing application than no need to implement GUI applicaiton, So that's why I asking this question over here that how to again start application automatically after closed.

Please If it's possible than please please help me.

Regards,
    SymbianTH

Nokia Developer Expert

if you have a requirement on doing something with it peridiotically, then why are you closing it between the tasks ?

am I missing some point here ?

Regular Contributor

if you have a requirement on doing something with it peridiotically, then why are you closing it between the tasks ?

am I missing some point here ?
    Hi

Actually, I am making a application which is send to good click events from mobile to server, but after completion of 2 rounds of Periodic Timer server get bad click events, why these happens I don't know because server is third party server.

So for these reason I am close console EXE after completion of 2 round of periodic timer and after again start EXE application.

Regards,
    SymbianTH

Nokia Developer Expert

Sounds like that you are trying to workaround some bugs, so maybe you could define What you mean by "good click event" and "Bad click event".

anyway, as I said in first reply, you could just make another process, that starts the console...

Regular Contributor

Sounds like that you are trying to workaround some bugs, so maybe you could define What you mean by "good click event" and "Bad click event".

anyway, as I said in first reply, you could just make another process, that starts the console...

If we open web page from mobile than server generate good click event.
    And If we open that same web page from desktop browser than generate bad click event.

That means make another one application with periodic timer which is see after every 3-4 seconds that console application process is continue or close, if close than again start that process. right?

Is it not possible to make same application which work perfectly on 2nd edition?? See my 1st post on this thread.

Regards,
    SymbianTH

Nokia Developer Expert

I'm not getting your good/bad click events at all. Are you making some kind of spy application ?

You might want to consider telling us on how you did that one 2nd edition, it might make it easier to try figuring out whether it also work for 3rd edition..

Regular Contributor

I'm not getting your good/bad click events at all. Are you making some kind of spy application ?

You might want to consider telling us on how you did that one 2nd edition, it might make it easier to try figuring out whether it also work for 3rd edition..
    No no It's not a spy application, It's a application which is doing process autometically, no need to do manually process: like open browser->enter url->open web page -> after click on different different option.

OK, I again try to implement this 2nd edition .MDL file in 3rd edition code.

Regards,
    SymbianTH

Nokia Developer Moderator

Recognizers do exist in S60 3rd/5th too, if that is your question.

Nokia Developer Moderator

What the heck is the MDL supposed to do for you in this case and why don't you try to figure out the problem with makes your application die after two clicks rather than trying to figure out ways to start an app when it dies?

The recognizer has one role and one role only: to recognize the mime type of a given file and say, with a certain degree of confidence, that this is a text file or an MP3 file. Now, read this twice and tell me how it helps you.

You have in fact only two solutions:
    a) fix your application so that it can stay running for ever (or until the battery dies)
    b) create a second application which gets notified when the main one exits and if such thing happens, it restarts the app. There are many and easy ways to do this, but I'm not going to give you any concrete results, since the only solution I would accept is a)
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite