Discussion Board

Problem in parsing

I have written a parser class which parse through an XML file.It is working in many cases ,but for some particular file and in some particular line it is not reading the data properly.It reads partially(one part and the other part read at the next time)i.e the aBytes of the OnContentL read some part and the other part at the next time.My buffer size where i have copied the aBytes is larger than the data what the XML tag contained within it.I don't know why it is happening.Can any one help me? I am working on s60 5th edition device.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Problem in parsing

You should be prepared to have multiple OnContentL calls, and simply collect the results (in a descriptor, in a CBufXy).
    In particular entities are returned separately (e.g. "Johnson & Johnson" will result in 3 consecutive calls: "Johnson ", "&" and " Johnson").
    Theoretically there is a ESendFullContentInOneChunk flag, you can try if it works (though according to some threads it might not, as I remember).

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    You should be prepared to have multiple OnContentL calls, and simply collect the results (in a descriptor, in a CBufXy).
    In particular entities are returned separately (e.g. "Johnson & Johnson" will result in 3 consecutive calls: "Johnson ", "&" and " Johnson").
    Theoretically there is a ESendFullContentInOneChunk flag, you can try if it works (though according to some threads it might not, as I remember).
    thank you for your reply.Can you please tell me how to use that flag.Is there any example for that.
    I have used that flag,but still it was not working.
    Last edited by sampad_mohanty; 2010-05-25 at 16:02.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Yes, a simple search for ESendFullContentInOneChunk suggests that it did not work for Dmitry__, and a link in that thread also shows that it did not work for Nadav_smilansky, and perhaps Paul.Todd also faced it. Now I would guess that it does not work.
    Collect the data in some member variable until you get the next non-OnContentL call (typically some OnStart/EndElementL).

thank you for your reply.