Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Show text message notification?

When running my application on a Nokia N97 and I get a text message the standard text message notification doesn't show. The Symbian Signed Test Critera says that I need to show notification on new text messages. How can I make my application show the notification for new incoming text messages?

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: Show text message notification?

What does your application do? Is it because you're playing a sound or something in full screen so you can't see or hear the message indicator? If that's the case you want to look at QMessageManager, it has a messageAdded() signal that fires anytime a message is added to any folder, the following code will make it fire only when a message is added to the inbox (incoming message):

Code:
    QMessageManager* mm = new QMessageManager( this );
    mm->registerNotificationFilter( QMessageFilter::byStandardFolder( QMessage::InboxFolder ) );

Super Contributor

Yes ,
    You can set the message receive notification using Qt mobility API.

The article is given below Check it.:

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ng_Qt_Mobility

Best regards,

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Fernan82 View Post
    What does your application do? Is it because you're playing a sound or something in full screen so you can't see or hear the message indicator?
    I get the new-message-sound it is just the notification/popup that doesn't show. My application is just running in fullscreen with showMaximized(). No sound or anything like that.

But I use the following code to hide the status bar (maybe that has something to do with the popup doesn't show?):
    Code:
    //Hide statuspane
    CEikStatusPane* showMaximized();= STATIC_CAST( CAknAppUi*, CEikonEnv::Static()->EikAppUi())->StatusPane();
    statusPane->SwitchLayoutL(R_AVKON_STATUS_PANE_LAYOUT_EMPTY);
    I don't know about Qt apps but is it standard that the sms notification is not showing in the apps?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by stegemann View Post
    I don't know about Qt apps but is it standard that the sms notification is not showing in the apps?
    I my phone the popup doesn't show when I have an app running, but I can hear it and see the icon on the status bar so I would think that's why your app won't pass the test but I'm pretty new to Symbian and haven't yet submitted an app for testing.

Perhaps if you blink the status bar a few times when a message comes in (if you don't want it on all the time) that may be enough to pass the test but don't take my word for it, I would contact Symbian Signed or post on their forums to get a better answer.