Discussion Board

6310i closing gprs session, how to avoid

Hi,

I'm developing an application where I am polling the server every minute for the data. I do that in background thread. It creates the httpconnection, sends the requests, receives the data and sleeps. On 6310i the gprs connection is closed and reopend every time which is not acceptable. How can I avoid that behaviour ?

What is telling my phone to close the gprs session ? Is there any way I could modify that behaviour ?

Thank you in advance.
    Daniels

Regular Contributor

Details

Can you give more information about your queries?
    POST or GET
    Ordinary situation is closing connection with 'Connection' http header. Do you know that?

Details

I am using GET method.
    And one of headers is 'Connection: Keep-Alive'.
    When I look at the server side, the server receives both Connection: close and Connection: Keep-Alive headers, modified by the WAP gateway...

However I don't mind if my connection to the server is closed and opened. The real problem is that the phone is __closing the GPRS session__ (the G sign at the phone dissapears) and reopening it again. This happens every minute. If I poll the server every 30s the GPRS session is closed every 30s. This is the real problem.

Daniels

Regular Contributor

Stupid wap gates often break our hopes.

I don't have any idea about it.

Re: 6310i closing gprs session, how to avoid

Hi daniellsunny55,

Did you get that problem of yours solved? It's been a long time since you have posted this problem. But as a matter of fact, I am seeing the exact opposite behavior. In my case once the GPRS session is opened by the phone it stays connected for long duration but once it get disconnected there is no recovering from it. The only solution is to shut down the application and start it.

So if you have any pointers as to how you solved you problem may be I can get some clue as to how I can solve mine.

Regards,
    Yogesh