Discussion Board

CMdaAudioRecorderUtility: SetAudioInput

Hello,

I am looking to perform recording of a voice call downlink, S60 5th and later.
    (I did a previous post on this, no feedback so far : http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=201752)

Do you know what is the foundation for the various call recording apps out there? It could be the relative high-level class CMdaAudioRecorderUtility, but how is the audio source set to the voice downlink? Using SetAudioInput? In that case, do you know where to find what lower level APIs are being used to achieve this?

Thanks,
    Claus

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: CMdaAudioRecorderUtility: SetAudioInput

AFAIK the recording from uplink should work without any special stuff. I could not find any API having SetAudioInput from SDK docs, so which API you are using that has it ?

Also, have you tried just using the CMdaAudioRecorderUtility and recording normally ?

Sorry, my fault... no wonder you were confused! I was referring to the function SetAudioDeviceMode, but since I was also looking at the class CAudioInput - that supposedly handles the Audio Input Routing API - I apparently mixed up the naming!

What do you mean by recording from uplink should just work - which function are you using to select that source? Or is it really just recording from the MIC, which I believe is default? I need recording of the downlink.

I haven't yet tried CMdaAudioRecorderUtility, as it most likely wouldn't suit my (latency) needs. But it makes a lot of sense to try it, if I have any idea how to experiment with selecting the audio source...

I am currently using a 5800 running S60 5th - do you consider that a reasonable, representative platform?

Thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

the SetAudioDeviceMode has not worked, at least it did not work last time I was considering it. I'm supposing that it will record mixed, mic + uplink. anyway, please do try first and then when you have problems, ask again.