Discussion Board

OBEX file transfer

hi All,

I want to connect two mobile phones via Bluetooth and get the file list of the remote phone (as the server) on the client device using JSR 82 Bluetooth and OBEX File Transfer Profile.

I created a midlet for this (for the client devices) but it doesn't work properly.

I mean when I connect my C510 Sony Ericsson phone (as the client) to a Nokia 6230 (as the server), it's working fine. I can see the folders and files and I can go into the subdirectorys, etc... so no problem in this case. I can display the whole folder structure of the server on the client device.

However, if I use this midlet between 2 Sony Ericsson phones (C510 and W705), I get the folder list only for the first time (for the root directory). But when I want to go into a subfolder, I can't... If I call the same method again to get into a subfolder, I can't get the folder list from the server.

I use this code for the connection:

Code:
    String btURL = "btgoep://00XXXXXXXXXX:10;authenticate=false;encrypt=false;master=false";
    conn = (ClientSession) Connector.open(btURL);

byte[] FBUiid = {(byte) 0xF9, (byte) 0xEC, (byte) 0x7B, (byte) 0xC4, (byte) 0x95, 
                     (byte) 0x3C, (byte) 0x11, (byte) 0xD2, (byte) 0x98, (byte) 0x4E, 
                     (byte) 0x52, (byte) 0x54, (byte) 0x00, (byte) 0xDC, (byte) 0x9E, 
                     (byte) 0x09};
    header = conn.createHeaderSet();
    header.setHeader(HeaderSet.TARGET, FBUiid);
    response = conn.connect(header);
    and I call this method to get the folder list (again and again):

Code:
    header.setHeader(HeaderSet.NAME, folder);
    result = conn.setPath(header, false, false);

header.setHeader(HeaderSet.TYPE, "x-obex/folder-listing");
    op = conn.get(header);

InputStreamReader is = new InputStreamReader(op.openInputStream());
    KXmlParser parser = new KXmlParser();
    is.close();
    op.close();
    ... but I can get back anything from the GET method at the second time. It works well for the first time, but not for the second...
    (result.getResponseCode()=160 so it looks like OK)

Anyone has any idea where the problem could be... I don't understand why it is working with an old Nokia phone and not with a new Sony Ericsson...

Thanks in advance!

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: OBEX file transfer

if I use this midlet between 2 Sony Ericsson phones (C510 and W705), I get the folder list only for the first time (for the root directory). But when I want to go into a subfolder, I can't... If I call the same method again to get into a subfolder, I can't get the folder list from the server.
    I don't understand why it is working with an old Nokia phone and not with a new Sony Ericsson...
    Just a standard question: have you check this issue on SonyEricsson's developer discussion forums?

It could that there has been some change made on their current implementation, in which case they would be the best to provide more information on such change.

Regards,
    r2j7
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]

Re: OBEX file transfer

Just a standard question: have you check this issue on SonyEricsson's developer discussion forums?
    Yes and I posted this message on their Forum as well.

I just thought that maybe there is someone here who is an expert of this field or had the same issue in the past.

thanks anyway!

tepger, therefore please, let us continue there …