Discussion Board

CCameraAdvancedSettings

Hi

I am developing an application for 3rd edition FP2 that requires manual setting of focus of the built-in camera. Unfortunately, while using CCameraAdvancedSettings, I have found that this setting is not supported by my target phone (Nokia 6210 Navigator) - almost none of the settings are supported. Does anyone know if it is possible to develop or acquire from Nokia a better camera plugin that would support some of the settings from CCameraAdvancedSettings or nothing can be done due to hardware limitation?

Thanks in advance

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: CCameraAdvancedSettings

Now, you mean manual or auto focus?

Quote Originally Posted by bart12 View Post
    I am developing an application for 3rd edition FP2 that requires manual setting of focus of the built-in camera. Unfortunately, while using CCameraAdvancedSettings, I have found that this setting is not supported by my target phone (Nokia 6210 Navigator) - almost none of the settings are supported. Does anyone know if it is possible to develop or acquire from Nokia a better camera plugin that would support some of the settings from CCameraAdvancedSettings or nothing can be done due to hardware limitation?
    Hi,

I'm not aware of any Nokia device supporting manual setting of focus distance. There are, however, two different focus ranges that you can set without autofocus occurring (EFocusRangeHyperfocal and EFocusRangeInfinite), but I'm guessing you were after something a bit more accurate

-TongMuan

Thanks for your reply. My need is to set manually at least focus and shutter. When everything is automatic I cannot process frames correctly in my project.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Depending on the nature of your project, you may consider implementing it for a programmable camera.