Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Unhappy Bluetooth connectivity not happening

Hello everyone, I am writing 2 apps for s60(5th edition) for using bluetooth(JSR-82) for chatting. One which acts as server the other as client. When i run the apps on the phone(Nokia 5233)the screen does not change at all, it gets stuck while setting up connections.
    For Client side code i used the following UUID to search for service and create connection
    uuid = new UUID(0x0003);
    For Server side code i used the following UUID to create Streamconnection notifier and listen for incoming connections
    uuid = new UUID(0x0009);
    I think the problem is with these UUIDs, the same works on Sun WTK emulators.Kindly help me solve this problem. Also i couldnt run these on a Nokia Emulator, the emulators i installed either fail to start or run the app. Can u guys suggest the right emulator/SDK also on which i can run these. Please help me out soon.

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Bluetooth connectivity not happening

Hello rohitalgeri,

similar issues have been encountered by other developers on this discussion forum, you might want to check the related threads by using the 'Search Forums' tool on top left corner of this page.

You might also want to check this example in Forum Nokia Wiki: Home > Community > Wiki > Bluetooth Chat HelloWorld

Regards,
    r2j7
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]

rohitalgeri, does this help?

Re: Bluetooth connectivity not happening

Thanks guys for the response, i could only get tht UUID is the main culprit. I'm looking into it. Do you thing creating a new UUID of my own will solve the problem, cos the existing UUIDs work well with the Sun WTK emulators but not S60 5th edition phone.... And can you suggest me the best emulator for S60. As i said the emulators i installed dont work properly. So pls help me out with tht so tht i can test the results.

Quote Originally Posted by rohitalgeri View Post
    the existing UUIDs work well with the Sun WTK emulators but not S60 5th edition phone.
    Your emulator offers exactly one service. A mobile phone offers several services. If your service discovery is bad, you discover too many services and might choose a wrong one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rohitalgeri View Post
    can you suggest me the best emulator for S60
    I would start with an emulator of Series 40. 5th Edition Feature Pack 1 (currently, the third option) is a good choice for academic projects because it offers all recent JSRs, still giving a standard display resolution (QVGA). The 6th Edition one gives you HVGA. The 3rd or Lite variants are limited in JSRs. After getting used to those Series 40 SDKs, you can switch to S60. What about reading the error/exception messages? Anyway in your case, using another emulator will not change anything because that emulator offers only your service, too.